Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Hi from Portland OR (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/hi-portland-18552/)

Bill Merchant 06-10-2008 11:13 AM

Hi from Portland OR

Hello everyone. I'm based in Portland, Oregon, area and finally got the gumption to join GreenHybrid. I've been a member of PriusChat for a few years, and read the GreenHybrid forums as a guest, so I figured it was about time I joined here too.

I organize the Portland Area HSD Meetup Group for Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive owners and drivers in the Portland and southwest Washington area. Would-be HSD drivers, and all hybrid drivers, are welcome at our meetings on the third Saturday of every month. The group web site is PortlandHSD.info and if you are in the area I hope you'll check us out.

Harold 06-10-2008 07:36 PM

Re: Hi from Portland OR

Wellcome and enjoy the Prius. Great car! H

bwilson4web 06-11-2008 01:17 AM

Well there goes the neighborhood! <GRINS>

Welcome to GreenHybrid Bill! I've always enjoyed the mix of hybrids and learning about other systems. Plus, we have a pretty active set of moderators who keep things polite and SPAM free.

When you get a chance, wander through the database area, the Compare tab. This has and remains the best source of quantitative data about different hybrids on the net. A long believer in "the right tool for the right job," this database is a real world roadmap to how our hybrids work.

Bob Wilson

Bill Merchant 06-11-2008 11:26 AM

Thanks Harold and Bob, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. When the Portland group was started is was just a Prius group. When the hybrid Camry and Highlander were introduced, I turned it into the HSD Meetup group. Maybe the next step is to go to a pan-hybrid group.