Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Insight (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/)
-   -   Is there any difference? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/there-any-difference-5609/)

bluesesshomaru17 01-23-2006 05:54 PM

Is there any difference?

Curious if there was ANY changes between the 2000 to current Insight. The only main one I know is 00-03 has gray interior:) , 04+ has ivory (beige:( ). Also the MT w A/C only for 00 (A/C in FL is nice:D and I prefer a standard :shade: ). Was the Citrus Yellow (my favorite Insight color ;) ) only in 2000? I am saving to buy a MT Citrus Yellow, gray interior with A/C for a second car ... but if there was a strong case to get a different year I am open-minded :angel: . Thanks for any and all info and opinions!!!

Delta Flyer 01-23-2006 06:36 PM

Re: Is there any difference?

From a performance standpoint, I have not heard of any difference in any model year Insight. The only possible concern is the 2000 models have the most instances of hybrid battery problems, but that may would not necessarily mean the batteries for that year are worse...

hawkGT647 01-23-2006 06:37 PM

I'll probably miss a change or two, but here's what I aware of:

The green color is no longer available, you would need to have it painted. Silver, red, or blue are available in the states.

The interior is now beige.

A hole in the seatback was added.

The sound system was upgraded, from a cassette player to a CD, and they added two more speakers behind the seats.

A seat belt reminder was added.

IMA software was updated in the early 02-03's.

An extra oxygen sensor was added in 02, behind the second cat.

Regards,

bluesesshomaru17 01-23-2006 08:47 PM

Thanks ... I think I will stick with looking for a 000 Citrus Yellow.

Can you get the 03 IMA update? If I did need to replace a battery, are there upgrade possibilities (more capacity)? Can the IMA be replaced with the more powreful one from the HCH II? I hope there won't be a problem but I will try to have the extra money in case it does happen.

I could do the extra speakers and radio upgrade myself. The other stuff is insignificant to me so far.

The only reason I would not get this (00 Insight), is if they release an updated Insight, Insight II, or IMAS ... then use that money for nice sized down payment. 95+ mpg is too tempting if the price stays in the same range.

billy6 01-24-2006 06:15 PM

Hi Blue; Yeah, the "2003 upgrade" is, I think, just a slightly different ECM (engine control module) I believe they replaced some of them under a "recall" or warranty.

No, a HCH battery pack and electric motor does not fit. And frankly, the highest MPG is generally achieved by MINIMIZING the use of IMA. I try to avoid using electric assist, if possible. Billy........