Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Insight (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/)
-   -   Fragile Spoiler (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/fragile-spoiler-4962/)

Delta Flyer 12-13-2005 09:02 PM

Fragile Spoiler

Insight owners will know what I'm talking about.

On the hatchback door, the spoiler covers the area where the two sheets of glass meet (long sloping one & short vertical one). The third tail light in in the assembly.

Anyway, this morning I backed out of the garage just before the door had cleared, busting the spoiler off the Insight. :( Only good thing is it was a clean break that did not damage anything else. As Insight owners might suspect, it's plastic with five bolts. It will be replaced Wed - $153 parts - $99 labor.

laurie 12-14-2005 09:43 AM

Re: Fragile Spoiler

aww, i'm sorry you spoiled your spoiler

Delta Flyer 12-14-2005 06:54 PM

It's Fixed

The spoiler is fixed and is solid as a rock. :)

It was a good opportunity to ask, so I inquired if anyone at Lute Riley in Richardson had hybrid battery problems. They have not had any and said they expect them to last for 15 years.

A couple in a mini-van were asking about my Insight and hopefully they will come here for more answers...

rigger 12-14-2005 07:15 PM

Odd enough, I was just thinking about my spoiler day before yesterday. The double sided tape on the edge of one side is giving way.

ryanh 12-15-2005 01:25 PM

Suggestion: I’ve bought parts from this place in Rhode Island for all my past Honda’s and for my current Insight. They are typically 33% less then what you would pay from you dealership. I’ve used them many times and they are reliable, ship things quick, answer email questions within a day or two and are good about returns.

They sell pretty much every Honda part you could think of and have great diagrams so you can find whatever part you need, they are the same diagrams the dealerships part department has from Honda.

If you have an earlier Insight (like me a 2000) I suggest first finding your part in one of the later years using the diagrams (like 2005), they have better resolution and are the same thing so it’s a little easier to read the text. If you have trouble finding anything, just email them.

They’re also great for wipers, air filters etc.

Just for example, their price for the rear spoiler is 105.18, about 31% less then what you paid. There

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Anyway, Hope that helps for future purchases.

Ryan

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Insight owners will know what I'm talking about.

On the hatchback door, the spoiler covers the area where the two sheets of glass meet (long sloping one & short vertical one). The third tail light in in the assembly.

Anyway, this morning I backed out of the garage just before the door had cleared, busting the spoiler off the Insight. :( Only good thing is it was a clean break that did not damage anything else. As Insight owners might suspect, it's plastic with five bolts. It will be replaced Wed - $153 parts - $99 labor.