Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Tax Credit Question (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/tax-credit-question-5475/)

dangerkitty 01-15-2006 09:35 AM

Tax Credit Question

Can you get the 2006 Hybrid Tax Credit on a used 2005 HCH?

I doubt it but I thought I might as well check here.

tigerhonaker 01-15-2006 12:45 PM

Re: Tax Credit Question

Originally Posted by dangerkitty
Can you get the 2006 Hybrid Tax Credit on a used 2005 HCH?

I doubt it but I thought I might as well check here.

Sorry, and I realize this is going to appear to be a blunt answer but the answer is: "NO"

Have a nice-day;)

HTH;

Terry

Sledge 01-15-2006 12:58 PM

Yep. The tax credit only applies to the first 60000 brand-new hybrids sold by a single automaker after Jan 1st. Sorry.

dangerkitty 01-15-2006 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Sorry, and I realize this is going to appear to be a blunt answer but the answer is: "NO"

Have a nice-day;)

HTH;

Terry

Thanks for the reply. Thought I might as well ask.

Finished haggling with the local dealership and when all was said and done was able to hammer down a price of $26,800

That is for a 2006 HCH Alabaster Silver w/ Navi: and Including:

XM Radio
Splash Guards
Interior Gauge Trim
Fog Lights
Wheel Locks
Chrome Exhaust Finisher
Interior Illumination

The good news is that the $26,800 has all taxes, delivery fees and doc fees included. The bad news is that I am contemplating paying almost $27,000 for a friggin Honda Civic

Wasn't it awhile back that the Honda Civic was considered an economy car? I guess things have changed.

tbaleno 01-15-2006 01:20 PM

Honda is bringing in the Fit/Jazz or something so they are moving up the civic.

Sledge 01-15-2006 01:41 PM

But is the Fit an "economy car"? The Civic is rated 30/40. The Fit is smaller, less powerful, but will only be 33/38 :confused:

If you drive in the city, the Fit is the economy choice. Do more highway, and a Civic would be better.

I wonder how the new Civic really does on highway. My old 2k1 Civic was rated at 38, but would easily get 41 at a constant 70 mph :thumbs_up

tbaleno 01-15-2006 01:55 PM

I think its more about the price points vs. economy

moosh 01-16-2006 05:28 PM

The full credits will remain available for the next calendar quarter following the quarter in which the 60,000th vehicle is sold. For the subsequent two quarters, the incentive will be 50% of the full amount. For the two quarters after that, the incentive will be 25% of the full amount. After four quarters (one year) of reduced credits, the incentives will no longer be available for vehicles sold by that manufacturer.

Source: www.energytaxincentives.org

Tazman 01-17-2006 10:36 PM

Problem I have is I bought the 2004 HCH and am not entitled to the credit or deduction because I am not the original owner. The IRS and dealership said I would get the deduction, now I asked them again after I bought the car and now they say no only for new owners or first/original owner.