Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/should-i-get-warranty-hch-ii-6427/)

NEWNEW 03-17-2006 03:33 PM

Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

I just signed the purchase order for my Magnetic Pearl with Nav and should have it within the next two weeks. What's the general consensus on the Honda Warranty, which I was quoted $1600 for 6 Years/120k miles?

Normally I never consider them (except for my laptop computers), but being a highly computerized hybrid with voice activated nav system makes me wonder if 3/36 is enough. Just one repair in 6 years could easily run $1600...What do you think?

Thanks
Mike

CamelFilters 03-17-2006 03:41 PM

Re: Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

Originally Posted by NEWNEW
I just signed the purchase order for my Magnetic Pearl with Nav and should have it within the next two weeks. What's the general consensus on the Honda Warranty, which I was quoted $1600 for 6 Years/120k miles?

Normally I never consider them (except for my laptop computers), but being a highly computerized hybrid with voice activated nav system makes me wonder if 3/36 is enough. Just one repair in 6 years could easily run $1600...What do you think?

Thanks
Mike

Hello Mike,

please take into consideration that the japanese are very well known for producing the best electronics and electronic devices; this carries over into their cars as well. It's up to you if you would like to purchase the extended warranty, but personally, i wouldnt, just get your car and enjoy it.
Dont throw away $1600 to the dealer just like that, go on a long trip instead with your family or loved one; that's a lot of money make use of it another way.

regards,
gj

jaykay 03-17-2006 03:45 PM

Look at the numerous threads about costs of EW and it is half that price for an 8 year/100,000 mile no deductable EW through one of the Honda Warranty dealers. Does that make it more inviting? Roll of the dice......

Mikeyt758 03-17-2006 04:56 PM

Mike,
I got the 6/120k $0 ded hondacare warranty from Tony Pascual at Mossisboss.com. This is not where I purchased the vehicle either as I live in Rhode Island and this dealer is in Louisiana. You can purchase a hondacare warranty from any dealer, it doesn't have to be the one you purchased your car from. By the way, I paid $825! Tony, is great to work with also and you can basically do everything online or via fax. Just look up the website and look in Finance sectiona and send him an email of what you want a quote for.

mexiken 03-17-2006 04:57 PM

I would DEFINITELY get the warranty....

Mikeyt758 03-17-2006 04:58 PM

Mike, I also forgot to mention that he sends you a receipt once you pay along with a brochure and then within two weeks time you get the actual contract from Hondacare.

Renato 03-17-2006 07:25 PM

I got the warranty on my '04, the Dealer actually talked me out of one for the '06, because they know that I chaange my cars between 20-36 months. The good thing is that I got a refund check for the unused portion (total purchase price) of the extended warranty for my '04.

I would say if you plan to keep your car fo a while and for peace of mind, the extended warranty is good....also Hybrids are fairly new technology so who really knows what'll happen over time. And if you don't keep your car too long, you may get a refund for the nused warranty as I did in my case (HondaCare).

kenny 03-17-2006 09:02 PM

The name Honda is enough peace of mind for me.

Now if I had bought a Chevrolet. . . .

tigerhonaker 03-17-2006 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by NEWNEW

Thanks
Mike

Mike get the Warranty !!!!!!!!!!

Terry
BTW, Just do a Search on the Internet and shop the Price.

PhoenixDown 03-18-2006 02:29 PM

Now if I had bought a Chevrolet. . . .
LOL thats too funny considering my engine went at just under 95k miles on my malibu. :)