Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Seek Radio Station on Steering Wheel (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/seek-radio-station-steering-wheel-8343/)

felixdacat 07-05-2006 08:48 AM

Seek Radio Station on Steering Wheel

Hey fellow hybrid owners....

I finally got my effin' (excuse the language) hybrid!!! It's one bad *** mofo (IMO)lol. Anyways, great forum, i've learned so much reading other posts! I have one question.... I was reading the manual and on the steering wheel you know how you have the channel up(+) and channel down(-) for your stereo. I know that if you hit the + or - it will go through your preset channels. But according to the manual if you hold either the + or - it will go into seek mode. I tried it but it doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this, where you can't seek but only go through your preset channels on your radio from your steering wheel? Am I the only one experiencing this?

exbauer 07-05-2006 12:16 PM

Re: Seek Radio Station on Steering Wheel

I tried it during my lunch and the seek fuction works. You have to hold it down for awhile and a beep sounds and it seeks through the frequency.

felixdacat 07-05-2006 12:28 PM

exbauer,

How long did you have to wait for it until you heard the beep?

exbauer 07-05-2006 01:01 PM

i had to keep my hand on the button for a good 3 seconds or so i would say.

felixdacat 07-05-2006 02:16 PM

Yeah for some reason it won't let me seek. Anyone know what i can do to fix this? Would i have to take it back to the dealer?

exbauer 07-05-2006 02:33 PM

Yeah, just take it to the dealer. It is still under warranty.

felixdacat 07-10-2006 10:47 AM

I went to a dealership over the weekend and called another and they BOTH said that the "Seek" mode does not work on the steering wheel. It will only go through your presets. Both dealerships even tried on other civics. BUT according to the manual if you hold either the + or - button on the steering wheel IT will go into seek mode.

And according to exbauer the seek mode does work ON THE STEERING WHEEL. Can anyone else please confirm or know how to trigger this option.

sixpak 07-10-2006 11:39 AM

I tried to hold the preset on the steering wheel over the weekend and mine also does not work. I have Navi, do you have it also?

Maybe it's a Navi thing?

Matt

felixdacat 07-10-2006 11:46 AM

Sixpak,

Yeah i do have the navi...Ok, so I'm not alone....Did you check the manual about this? It does describe how if you push and hold the + or - on the steering wheel that it should go into seek mode right?

thanks for your reply!

wmschmitz 07-10-2006 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by felixdacat
I went to a dealership over the weekend and called another and they BOTH said that the "Seek" mode does not work on the steering wheel. It will only go through your presets. Both dealerships even tried on other civics. BUT according to the manual if you hold either the + or - button on the steering wheel IT will go into seek mode.

And according to exbauer the seek mode does work ON THE STEERING WHEEL. Can anyone else please confirm or know how to trigger this option.

Greetings;
My 06HCH (non-NAVI) steering wheel channel +/- buttons do the seek thing when held for about 3 seconds too. Ya hear a beep and then it seeks, not just the presets. In CD mode, holding the channel buttons for 3 seconds switches to the next folder of a mp3 disc, not track, again accompanied by a beep. Maybe check in your CD mode and ask the dealers about the feature for switching by folder, they may change their story then.