Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Potential 2006 HCH Noob Question (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/potential-2006-hch-noob-question-5490/)

dangerkitty 01-15-2006 05:59 PM

Potential 2006 HCH Noob Question

Folks:

Since I am somehwhat close to purchasing a 2006 HCH I was wondering if I could ask a favor. I see alot of definitions and acronyms that I quite frankly have no idea what people are talking about such as EV.

Is there anyway someone who has some time to kill could state the definitions of all the acronyms and what they mean as well as some of the phrases y'all use? Sometimes I have no clue what y'all are talking about.

I think that it might help me as well as a few of the other potential hybrid drivers out there. If there has been a thread about this in the past if you could just point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Sheniferous 01-15-2006 06:00 PM

Re: Potential 2006 HCH Noob Question

in the orange toolbar above there is a link that says "glossary".

click it and ye shall know the wonders of the acronyms.

dangerkitty 01-15-2006 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
in the orange toolbar above there is a link that says "glossary".

click it and ye shall know the wonders of the acronyms.

Dang, quick reply!

Thanks for the info. I told you I was a noob!

bluesesshomaru17 01-15-2006 09:12 PM

If there are any specific ones you could try using the search in the orange bar too. I didn't notice that for a few weeks. If you still have any questions I am sure there are plenty that will help!!!

Tim 01-16-2006 07:05 AM

So you know, ;)

HCH I = 2003-2005 HCH
HCH II = 2006+

The I and II sort of evolved (I'm guessing because forum members also use Prius I and II to distinguish between the two). :)

tigerhonaker 01-16-2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by dangerkitty
Folks:

Since I am somehwhat close to purchasing a 2006 HCH I was wondering if I could ask a favor. I see alot of definitions and acronyms that I quite frankly have no idea what people are talking about such as EV.

Is there anyway someone who has some time to kill could state the definitions of all the acronyms and what they mean as well as some of the phrases y'all use? Sometimes I have no clue what y'all are talking about.

I think that it might help me as well as a few of the other potential hybrid drivers out there. If there has been a thread about this in the past if you could just point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi William;

Believe me you are in the right Forum to ask Questions.;) Just remember, when you ask be prepared for a variety of replies.:shade:

Terry

Btw; If it has not been said to you yet: "WELCOME"

dangerkitty 01-16-2006 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi William;

Believe me you are in the right Forum to ask Questions.;) Just remember, when you ask be prepared for a variety of replies.:shade:

Terry

Btw; If it has not been said to you yet: "WELCOME"

Thanks Terry,

Yeah I got a real warm reception from a few folks when I made my first post here. (Sarcasm intended) My skin is pretty thick though so it didn't bother me. These folks are pussycats compared to some of the other message boards I frequent.

Thanks for welcoming me in. I appreciate it.

William