Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   P0420 - Check Engine Light - 07 HCHII (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/p0420-check-engine-light-07-hchii-25447/)

TBaFFz 11-14-2010 12:54 PM

P0420 - Check Engine Light - 07 HCHII

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site but thought this would be a good place to find out if anyone else is having a similar problem.

I have a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid (CA Version) with 108,650 and the newest software updated applied.

I am having a issue with P0420 Check Engine Code coming on and off about four times per week. The code is reading, "Catalytic Converter Below Threshold Bank1"

I have been in contact with the Honda Dealer about this issue and they are trying to get Honda to cover a new Catalytic Converter but due to my mileage they are not cooperating.

I am wondering if the software update could be causing this like it did with the previous HCH model after a software update was applied. (Service Bulletin 07-036)

I am having the following symptoms...
1) Check Engine Light has been on for five days now. (was off an on prior)
2) I have been reading the code with a OBDII Code Reader
3) Code Reader is still pulling P0420 Catalytic Converter Below Efficiency
4) Car is very sluggish during acceleration sometimes (bucks almost like a backfire)
5) IMA Battery is draining to 2 bars frequently (2 times per day or every time I drive)

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing similar symptoms.

Thanks,
Todd

Passageguy 11-23-2010 06:13 AM

Re: P0420 - Check Engine Light - 07 HCHII

Remember that not too long ago there was a letter sent out saying that the odometers are overstating there mileage by 5 per cent. So whatever you have on your car now minus 5 per cent is the mileage that they should be looking at.

Passageguy 11-23-2010 06:17 AM

Re: P0420 - Check Engine Light - 07 HCHII

I think your problem is the Catalytic Converter. The question is are you still under warranty? If so... get them to replace it.