Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   My 05 HCH is really screwed up (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/my-05-hch-really-screwed-up-22472/)

clayk 08-23-2009 06:42 AM

My 05 HCH is really screwed up

I have an 05 with just under 50,000 miles and have not had any problems so far. I got in the car yesterday and started her up. I first noticed that the radio (aftermarket) did not come on. I the noticed that the green light in the drive position on the dash was blinking, the IMA light stayed on and the trouble alarm light was on. The battery showed no charge. I drove it a bit and it got no assist and got no charge. When I stopped I noticed that the power door locks only worked when the engine is running and the alarm will not arm or the doors lock/unlock with the key fob.

I am pretty bummed and very concerned. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks in advance

Clay

Mendel Leisk 08-24-2009 10:06 AM

Re: My 05 HCH is really screwed up

Does someone really need to tell you? Get thee to the service department, all signs point to battery problems, either just the 12 volt, or both.

clayk 08-24-2009 10:52 AM

I put her in the shop this morning. Just curious if anyone had seen this before. I will post the results

Clay

clayk 08-24-2009 05:51 PM

Good news. Just a fuse. The service guy was as surprised a me by the symptoms leading to this

Mendel Leisk 08-24-2009 09:25 PM

Clay, sorry for my flippant tone, and I hope it works out, just is a bad fuse. I would still be on alert though: a lot of times fuse don't just go bad, there's something behind it.

MesaMirage 08-26-2009 07:50 AM

Thanks for posting your experience since it will help all us in the Civic community be aware that this could happen. Its really the reason we have these boards so that info can be shared and reference later by others.

Thanks again! Glad you baby is doing well!

Harold 08-26-2009 10:17 AM

Clayk:
What fuse was it that failed? Hal