Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Main't Req'd light came on (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/maint-reqd-light-came-6023/)

Tazman 02-18-2006 11:14 AM

Main't Req'd light came on

My Main't Req'd light came on a flashed for a few seconds after the car was running and has come on every time I start the car. It started at 33000 miles. What main't is req'd at 33000 for 04 HCH I?

And what fun a car that finally breaks down at home and not out somewhere. I had a flat tire this morning. Love the car that wanted to make it home. But now I have to change the tire in 5 deg weather, or -15 for wind chill. burrrr

tbaleno 02-18-2006 11:28 AM

Re: Main't Req'd light came on

I'm thinking you just need an oil change.

cartunes 02-18-2006 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tazman
But now I have to change the tire in 5 deg weather, or -15 for wind chill. burrrr

Auto club? :)

gonavy 02-18-2006 12:33 PM

On the HAH it flashes for a 10 seconds starting at 6000 miles since the last reset, then stays on 7500 miles after the last reset, 7500 being the oil change interval on the HAH. Same for the HCH, adjusted for whatever your sked maintenance interval is. The light's behavior should be explained in your owner's manual.

Tazman 02-18-2006 12:45 PM

Thanks I figured it would be oil change or something like that.

============

Auto Club yea I have AAA but it would be embarrassing to call them to my house and have them change a tire. hehe

dshelman 02-18-2006 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tazman
Thanks I figured it would be oil change or something like that.

============

Auto Club yea I have AAA but it would be embarrassing to call them to my house and have them change a tire. hehe

Nahhhh -- have your wife make the call.:P Be funny if they sent a woman..... And, no, if you can spell misogynistic, then you aren't (new rule I just made up).

Ahhh, it feels good to write posts that advance the state of hybrids. Some day, I might actually do that....:shade:

Don