Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Lead times for 2007 Civic Hybrid w/ Nav? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/lead-times-2007-civic-hybrid-w-nav-13236/)

pagemap 04-22-2007 02:18 PM

Lead times for 2007 Civic Hybrid w/ Nav?

Does anyone know how long (weeks) Honda is quoting for delivery of a 2007 HCH with Navigation? Thanks!

motl 04-22-2007 05:53 PM

Re: Lead times for 2007 Civic Hybrid w/ Nav?

dealers have them in stock, at least in my area (wisconsin)

i was able to haggle over the internet for a few weeks and got a badass price for mine

pagemap 04-22-2007 05:58 PM

Where in WI did you buy? I'm in Madison. Last time I was at Zimbrick they were having a hard time getting the Hybrids in stock, but that was several months ago.

motl 04-22-2007 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by pagemap (Post 122071)
Where in WI did you buy? I'm in Madison. Last time I was at Zimbrick they were having a hard time getting the Hybrids in stock, but that was several months ago.

I got mine from Wilde in Waukesha about a month ago...

I requested pricing from all five of the Milwaukee Honda dealers, Zimbrick and a few others. Zimbrick was the only dealership that quoted us above MSRP, and in addition didn't take us seriously when we went in to take a look at the car. Overall, the best quotes I received in the first batch were from Wilde and Boyland, but Wilde was able to get down to ~$22350 after shooting emails from other dealers at them.

Good luck!

pagemap 04-22-2007 06:10 PM

I wasn't too impressed with Zimbrick when I went in as well, they didn't take me seriously. Do they want my money or not? Just based on that experience I am more likely to buy in Milwaukee. Thanks for the advice, I'll check out Wilde. Did you have a good experience with your salesperson, if so what was his/her name? Thanks again.

motl 04-22-2007 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by pagemap (Post 122073)
I wasn't too impressed with Zimbrick when I went in as well, they didn't take me seriously. Do they want my money or not? Just based on that experience I am more likely to buy in Milwaukee. Thanks for the advice, I'll check out Wilde. Did you have a good experience with your salesperson, if so what was his/her name? Thanks again.

He was an OK salesman, but I probably knew more about the civic hybrid than he did. I guess I wouldn't really recommend him and he didn't really do anything special...

The part that made it weird though was that I already had a price when I walked in the door (from haggling over email), so he really didn't have a chance to try to sell me more than fog lights or other accessories. They tried to horribly scam me out of my trade-in, but what dealership won't?

If you get a chance, spend $14 and get the Consumer Reports pricing report for the civic hybrid. I paid $22,352 which is about $700 below dealer invoice and ~$200 above the bottom line. I forget the exact numbers, but it's well worth the $14.

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/...YADID=crheader