Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Hybrid Badges on Regular Cars (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/hybrid-badges-regular-cars-18363/)

Jess 05-29-2008 05:22 PM

Hybrid Badges on Regular Cars

This isn't really specific to the HCH, but I thought it was kind of silly/annoying. The parking deck at my work has allotted an area of parking exclusively for hybrid cars with their own gate and 'green' card for access. However, regular cars can still get access to it, but they will be given a warning and ticketed if parked there again.

Recently I've noticed some non-hybrid cars with hybrid badges on them. The first one I saw was an Accord with Toyota's "Hybrid Synergy Drive" badge on it. I thought, ok, maybe they took the Honda's "V6 Hybrid" badge off and replaced it with Toyota's cooler looking badge. But today, there was a Jeep Sahara parked next to me, also with Toyota's hybrid badge. I laughed at first, but decided to note their plate number and will send a little email to the manager of the parking deck ( whom I know) about it. I mean, if your going to sneak in and park there, fine, but don't lie about it.

Has anyone else seen this "new phenomenon"?

owlmaster08 05-29-2008 05:36 PM

Re: Hybrid Badges on Regular Cars

Wow, lol. No I haven't

habu968 05-29-2008 06:41 PM

That is pretty sad.............

wdmark 05-29-2008 07:00 PM

Not surprising....kind of like the blow up doll or "Elaine" Manequin for the car pool lane....

pagemap 05-29-2008 07:26 PM

-removed my post-

spinner 05-29-2008 08:12 PM

The tenants who are allowed to park in the designated area should have to register with the parking management office first and then wear a badge or sticker in the windshield. That's just sloppy business the way it is now.

Jess 05-30-2008 03:18 PM

The tenants with hybrids do have to show their registration to get the special pass, but the other end of the section is still open to the rest of the parking deck. They truly need to have another gate on that open section. Maybe one day. They just started this a month ago.

Funny, when I brought it up with the manager, he said he thought Jeep made a hybrid. I said even if they did it surely wouldn't have Toyota's badge on it.

1stpik 05-31-2008 05:54 AM

"kind of like the blow up doll or "Elaine" Manequin for the car pool lane...."

You mean there's ANOTHER use for my blow up doll? Cool!

arbittan 05-31-2008 04:06 PM

Doesn't Ford Hybrids use the "Toyota" Synergy Drive Badge?

It would suck if someone gets towed just because they bought a Ford Escape Hybrid and management thought it was someone's way to milk the system....

Jess 05-31-2008 04:16 PM

No, Ford has a nice badge that says Hybrid w/ a green leaf off of the "H".