Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Date of Manufacutre from VIN? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/date-manufacutre-vin-6012/)

kenny 02-17-2006 10:16 AM

Date of Manufacutre from VIN?

Can you figure out your date of manufacture from the VIN.

Is there a datecode built into it?
Or is there a chart somewhere?

lkewin 02-17-2006 12:01 PM

Re: Date of Manufacutre from VIN?

Originally Posted by kenny
Can you figure out your date of manufacture from the VIN.

Is there a datecode built into it?
Or is there a chart somewhere?

The last 6 digits of the VIN show the production order (so 000001 was the first HCH produced, where 0001234 was the 1234th, etc) the Month and year (no day) the vehicle was produced will be on a lable in the drivers side door frame.

Tim 02-17-2006 12:17 PM

I don't know how much this will help, but...

When I sold Acuras in the early 90's there was a portion of the VIN that indicated the year it was made, but you had to decode it by subtracting the 2 characters in a particular position in the VIN from some other non-intuitive number (that I can't rememember). Im not sure if that's some kind of standard. However for those Acuras, it was in there.

MG_HCHII 02-17-2006 09:53 PM

There's a standard position (10?) in the VIN for what model year the car is; nothing other than the serial number for when it was built is in the VIN. I'm sure Honda has a way to track this, but does it really matter?

tigerhonaker 02-17-2006 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by MG_HCHII
There's a standard position (10?) in the VIN for what model year the car is; nothing other than the serial number for when it was built is in the VIN. I'm sure Honda has a way to track this, but does it really matter?

Nope, Not to Me.;)

Terry

mexiken 02-18-2006 10:59 AM

Boy Terry,

You're just dying for your hybrid aren't you ????