Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   all 2006 hch delayed til nov (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/all-2006-hch-delayed-til-nov-4220/)

lkewin 10-20-2005 07:27 AM

Re: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Originally Posted by dshelman
...Got the vin today and I went in and got all the paperwork out of the way..... pick it up when I get back November 8th.

Does not sound like a shipping delay to me.

While shopping around over the last month or so, I have been told by several dealers they expected the first HCH's "around" the end of October or Early Novemeber.

Does anyone else wish you could go to the Manufacturer web site, enter your order number or VIN and "track" the shipment of your auto? That would be so cool, IMHO.

LOL..Maybe I just sent too many Fed-Ex packages and expect everything can be tracked !

CGameProgrammer 10-20-2005 10:37 AM

My dealer e-mailed me and said the ship carrying 1700 Civic Hybrids is *still* in Japan, detained by the Japanese port authority or something. He said he was in contact with Honda but had no word yet on when they'd get over here.

ashong 10-20-2005 03:57 PM

There's been a buzz in forums about the 06HCH being delayed. Coincidentally, I received a call from my salesman yesterday to inform me that my HCH will be arriving by Thanksgiving now instead of late October or early November due to a shipping delay according to Honda. They are receiving 4 (1 silver w/ Nav, 2 MP w/ Nav, 1 MP w/o Nav). The silver is being sold to the sales manager (#1 on the list). I'm #2 and I want the Nav so I'm getting the MP. I don't really care about the color. I just want the Nav option. If I don't get it by Thanksgiving then I may just take delivery in January.

tigerhonaker 10-20-2005 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by dshelman
Well, the good news :Dis that I'm all set to get the first one at my dealer. When I got on the list (no deposit required), I was #11. But, I offered to put up some cash deposit and I got moved to #1. But they still had no visibliity on the cars. Finally, they got some color info on their allocation. Woo-hoo! Magnetic Pearl with the Blue over ivory interior:shade:, no nav. No vin yet tho, so I couldn't finalize.

Got the vin today and I went in and got all the paperwork out of the way. Car expected to arrive while I'm on my cruise, so I can (hopefully) pick it up when I get back November 8th.

Maybe I AM like a kid waiting for his birthday present:P, but WTF -- I don't care!

Well I can't think of but one thing to say to you at this point and that is (CONGRADS).

Terry

tigerhonaker 10-20-2005 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by psyshack
Sorry your getting the delay.

Could be good tho. With standard Civic sales now slowing a tad. It would now look like Hybrid and Si will be hitting lots within days of each other instead of a month or afew weeks apart. With the grand arrival of Hybrid and Si at about the same time. :)

I think they stagered the launches so each level of the car could have its own little stage. Now the stage is crumbling. All this MSRP sales hype and limited production crap may backfire on Honda and there dealers. ( Death to the marketing dept. )

Going to be hard for dealers to push MSRP with Hybrids and Si hitting the lots at close to the same time and they will have a load of standard Civics setting around. The ave. consumer will arrive on the lot and see a sea of Civics and even the stupidist folks will start to wonder,,, " why MSPR look at this sea of Civics "

I see a marketing problem in the making.

Only if folks would kick back and watch this play out and reep the savings in the thousands of dollars.

Hi Jeff; I agree on the savings part and when I post my next comment on the thread that I started
(Why I Cancelled The 2006 Hybrid) I think you will find it very interesting.

Terry

chocomario 10-20-2005 05:32 PM

coincidentally the 2006 prius is scheduled to hit showroom floors around the same time as the delayed 2006 hch. forget honda competing against si's or other honda tier models. honda just majorly dropped the ball against the prius.

mochisushi 10-20-2005 08:23 PM

Funny thing is that I received an e-mail from Honda this morning. The second sentence says, "The all-new Civic Hybrid has been completely redesigned and is available now at your local Honda dealer."

Jeffey 10-21-2005 04:35 AM

:) VIN showed up on reports. One step closer to my new 06 HCH!

bertsot 10-21-2005 08:09 AM

Hi Guys,

Fist time poster. I ordered my 06 HCH on September 2 with a built date of 9/22. Today I got a call from my sales guy informing me that they already received to VIN# and that the car is in transit from California and should be here next week. I sure hope he's right. He told me to be there the day the car comes in so that other salesmen don't start taking it out on test drives. By the way, I its Magnetic Pearl w/o Navi. I'm paying $21,645 plus destination of $550. Can't wait. I'll post pictures when I get it.

Bert

lkewin 10-21-2005 09:29 AM

Bert, this is great News ! Same color and option (or lack of option) I have ordered. Where abouts do you live? Sounds like you might get the prestigious "First to take deleivery of an '06 HCH" award !