Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   698.9 MILES - ONE TANK! Dangit! (and definitive answer to gas capacity) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/698-9-miles-one-tank-dangit-definitive-answer-gas-capacity-7440/)

tbaleno 05-31-2006 11:54 AM

Re: 698.9 MILES - ONE TANK! Dangit! (and definitive answer to gas capacity)

Originally Posted by JayTea
did I say 700miles per tank? I mean't 7,000 miles per tank. I can't wait to post the pictures. That's with A/C, 8 people in the car, up an 8% grade the entire time.

But seriously, I'm going to try driving 15mph in the fast lane on Hwy 5 from SF to LA and see what mileage I get. Not only will I be saving gas, saving lives by slowing down traffic.

Why do you ridicule? And just for your information 15mpg on any road is not good for your fuel economy.

I notice you don't have many posts and the posts you do have don't seem to be very useful. Are you here just to harrass or would you like to contribute something worthwhile?

People like to see how far they can go between fill-ups. It's fun to try to push your car to its limits. When someone with an 11 gallon tank says they got 600 miles I don't say "well, I got 700 miles in my car" (with a 13 gallon tank). I know what it takes to go this kinds of miles in vehicles and I appreciate thoughs to make the effort to do the best with their vehicle.

If you don't like the post then go on and read something else. Ridiculing someone just for the sake of belittlement realy shows immaturaty.

Now, back on topic.

WAY TO GO to all you people that push the car for all its worth. I'm currently sitting at 650 miles on this tank and I have 1 bar left. Maybe I'll push it and see if I can hit that 700 mark this thread has inspired me to give it a go.

JayTea 05-31-2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Why do you ridicule? And just for your information 15mpg on any road is not good for your fuel economy.

I notice you don't have many posts and the posts you do have don't seem to be very useful. Are you here just to harrass or would you like to contribute something worthwhile?

People like to see how far they can go between fill-ups. It's fun to try to push your car to its limits. When someone with an 11 gallon tank says they got 600 miles I don't say "well, I got 700 miles in my car" (with a 13 gallon tank). I know what it takes to go this kinds of miles in vehicles and I appreciate thoughs to make the effort to do the best with their vehicle.

If you don't like the post then go on and read something else. Ridiculing someone just for the sake of belittlement realy shows immaturaty.

Now, back on topic.

WAY TO GO to all you people that push the car for all its worth. I'm currently sitting at 650 miles on this tank and I have 1 bar left. Maybe I'll push it and see if I can hit that 700 mark this thread has inspired me to give it a go.

First of all, my reply wasn't directly at any particular individual. Second of all, while my posts may not have been particularly useful, at least I can spell. And third of all, how do you know I'm not getting 700 miles per gallon? And finally, thanks for reading all my posts.

dgkenney 05-31-2006 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by birchman2
Next major trip will be to Yosemite and I'll post when that happens too.

Take Old Priest Grade and let me know what your MPG is then. I bet it won't be over 40:omg:

I've got a place near there and the best I've gotten in the Yosemite area is around 45. (Which I think it is great giventhe terrain.)

Dan

gumby 05-31-2006 07:11 PM

First of all, my reply wasn't directly at any particular individual. Second of all, while my posts may not have been particularly useful, at least I can spell. And third of all, how do you know I'm not getting 700 miles per gallon? And finally, thanks for reading all my posts.

From an earlier post:

did I say 700miles per tank? I mean't 7,000 miles per tank. I can't wait to post the pictures.

JT,

Spelling may not be your strong-suit, either! (Or maybe you MEANT mean it. That could be, but then you would have a grammatical error.)

Tbaleno can certainly THINK. You - I'm not so sure about.

I thought you were going to POST those pictures of the 7000 miles per tank. I can't wait to see them.

And don't flatter yourself. Many of us read almost all the posts. You never know when (or where) something very worthwhile will be said.

So, give it up, or have something useful to say. You're beginning to sound like a troll.

Otherwise, I'll have to search GreenHybrid for filters. Then it will be like you're not here at all (wasting my time). :D

pagemap 11-14-2007 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JayTea (Post 65516)

Quit lying.

Delete your account and go away.

Republican.

mmrmnhrm 11-14-2007 07:50 PM

This was dead for well over a year. Thread necromancy is bad, mmm-kay?