Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Seat comfort (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/seat-comfort-26946/)

AlanWBaker 06-19-2011 09:52 AM

Seat comfort

The seats on my 2005 HAH are just fine for an hour's drive, but for long trips, not so much. Ever since new, an all-day trip leaves the backside pretty sore. I've adjusted the seat seven ways from Sunday with no change. Likewise the (unadjustable) passenger seat gets pretty tiresome on a long drive. I love my HAH, but I can go all day with no discomfort in my 2000 Acura TL.

Has anyone modified, adjusted or replaced their front seats to improve comfort?

bar10dah 06-20-2011 05:09 PM

Re: Seat comfort

I haven't experienced any problems with seating comfort. I used to commute 4.5 hours each way, and didn't have any problems. I've driven this car for six years and +90,000 miles now. I'm sure it comes down to anatomy. Some seats are more comfortable than others for certain people. I drove a '02 TL for a while. Similar to the '00? I think the seat fit better (wrapped around you better, mostly felt during aggressive cornering), but I don't remember it being any more comfortable.

They're similar cars, so I wonder if you can just pick up some '05 or similar generation range TL seats and they'll fit right into your '05 HAH? Heck, my driver's seat has a small tear in the lower cushion. It costs more than $500 to buy a replacement cover from the dealer. It'll probably be cheaper for me to do the TL seats in my car, too. :)

bar10dah 06-20-2011 05:10 PM

One thing I did notice when test driving the '05 TL and '05 HAH is that the seats in the TL are perforated. Wish the HAH seats were perforated as well.

bar10dah 06-27-2011 03:15 PM

Checked a local salvage yard (why don't we call them junk yards anymore?!). No TL seats. :(

houseofcharm 07-10-2011 08:54 AM

We find ours OK, firm base like old Benzes, tad wide for us but good design for large Americans BUT, I may buy an LS Lincoln or XJ8 for the a/c seats here in FL-much like heated seats for you in the other 49.

bar10dah 07-21-2011 03:07 PM

Hmm, other 49 states? I lived in AZ and NV, and would say those two states require cooler seats more than FL. ;)