Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   High Mileage Vehicles (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/high-mileage-vehicles-75/)
-   -   Scion XD 35.9 mpg avg (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/high-mileage-vehicles-75/scion-xd-35-9-mpg-avg-20197/)

m.mosher 11-02-2008 11:33 AM

Scion XD 35.9 mpg avg

1 Attachment(s)
I have got as high as 45 mpg average on highway and the lowest city driving 32 MPG average. Not bad for a 1.8 liter

Indigo 04-19-2009 04:10 PM

Re: Scion XD 35.9 mpg avg

That's pretty cool. I've been able to get 31-city / 42-highway when I've been *careful*. Alas, I'm too much of a leadfoot to do that 24/7. But it's nice to know that the car *can* do it. When I drive it normally, it pretty much gets the EPA-08 rating, so I can't complain too much.

I like the looks of the Scion iQ concept. Maybe I will replace our 2001 Accord when the iQ is available.

m.mosher 05-11-2009 01:26 PM

Well one thing for sure its a lot more roomy than the smart car and probably from what I have been told by local Smart car owners its better on gas. I am very happy with it. Now only if they could make it a Hybrid that would be awesome

trikkonceptz 05-14-2009 08:48 AM

I too have an xD, and I love it. I'm about 14 tanks in and my tank average is 43mpg and climbing. By the end of the summer I am sure to record my first 500 mile tank.

m.mosher 05-14-2009 09:33 AM

Thats excellent mileage! I use synthetic oil in mine and I did see a slight increase from using that. Here in New England there are a lot of hills to deal with and that definately hurts MPG unless you hyper mileage it which I will not do. The best ever for fuel economy that Ihave gotten is 49 highway on a trip to the cape which is pretty much flat roads. Good luck to you with your Scion I am extremely happy with mine.:D

ema 07-09-2009 07:07 PM

I agree. It really got fuel efficiency and I got smooth driving. But it doesn't just stop at good gas mileage. It got responsive breaks, competent handling, nice exterior and interior designs, plus safety assured. Good package already.