Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   High Mileage Vehicles (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/high-mileage-vehicles-75/)
-   -   Big Waste of Fuel (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/high-mileage-vehicles-75/big-waste-fuel-20679/)

Macwill22 03-03-2010 04:35 AM

Re: Big Waste of Fuel

Much better to invest in anaerobic digection or gasification, where high CV has is produced that can then be used in small scale engines, turned into vehicle fuel or even converted into hydrogen.

Micheal73 08-03-2010 05:22 AM

Using hybrid or electrical vehicle we can stop wastage of fuel.

GreenBoy 08-29-2010 01:54 AM

Yeah, I think hybrid cars can stop wastage of fuel and I'm proud that I have hybrid car. Although there might be other ways but this one I recommend plus this is eco-friendly.

frescopa 10-03-2010 11:12 AM

I don't own a "hybrid" but I have owned a Geo metro since 1993 that I get 60+ mpg on the highway.. apparently the capability to build cars that get good mileage exist but we are only given the choices to buy what someone else determines is adequate.. I would suggest that with the new batch of "green" vehicles that owners should shut it off several miles before their destination and push it the rest of the way if they want much better mileage... that would also go a long way to reducing obesity as well.

GreenBoy 10-26-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by frescopa (Post 228136)
I don't own a "hybrid" but I have owned a Geo metro since 1993 that I get 60+ mpg on the highway.. apparently the capability to build cars that get good mileage exist but we are only given the choices to buy what someone else determines is adequate.. I would suggest that with the new batch of "green" vehicles that owners should shut it off several miles before their destination and push it the rest of the way if they want much better mileage... that would also go a long way to reducing obesity as well.

I'm not actually totally aware of Geo metro although I've heard about them too. I do not know exactly the difference of this from hybrid or to a regular one. Well, I did search on it over the net and found this ==> Geometro

Percymasson 10-11-2012 11:07 AM

I agree that this sort of cars are really waste of fuel and the other disadvantage of this car is that the engine of this car became warm quickly, therefore it is hard to maintain.