HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Uh-oh, this doesn't look good

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
1 tank at a time ...
Default Re: Uh-oh, this doesn't look good

Originally Posted by SrfCity
That sounds like a hassle. OK, let's fast forward a bit and this happens a month out of warranty. YIKES!!! Whatya figure that'd run? I wouldn't want to guess. Now, let's try this with extended warranty. You'd feel the same as you do having to take it in today....
Exactly why I did buy the 100K HondaCare warranty from Saccucci. Lots of new technology that can go wrong, not that I expect anything to - but cheap insurance if it does. That said, this experience has been a bit unsettling.

Here is the final update: I did not get my car back when promised. Dealer did not have the tool required to get at the rotor - it ended up taking them a total of nine days to turn the car around. Seems good as new but not happy with the delay. They finally did get me a loaner car after four days of no car ... and on the paperwork claimed they had given me one for the entire nine days.

In 30 years of buying exclusively American cars I never had a cluster-you-know-what like this. This better be the only time I do. Love the car but it needs to stay in my garage, not the dealer's.