Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   electric noise, esp. when braking? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/electric-noise-esp-when-braking-17020/)

bond4 02-09-2008 10:16 AM

electric noise, esp. when braking?

I just got my 2008 Civic Hybrid two weeks ago. I've noticed since then that it has a bit of an electric noise occasionally. It doesn't happen all the time and doesn't seem to associate with the battery charge. It sounds like it's coming from the front of the car, and it isn't too loud (only really noticeable when the radio is off). Last night, I heard it when I switched from reverse to drive and a few times when I was braking. Does anyone else have this sound? Is it a normal sound or should I be concerned?

msantos 02-09-2008 11:17 AM

Re: electric noise, esp. when braking?

As someone recently said: "The HCH-II is a very silent machine made up of many little interesting sounds"

Yes, it is pretty normal... and it is nothing to be concerned about ;)

Cheers;

MSantos

TheBundo 02-10-2008 09:55 PM

I also own a Escape Hybrid, and it makes a LOT more noises

kindatadpole 11-02-2010 04:23 PM

I took my Civic Hybrid to the dealer today. It was making a strange buzzing noise when I applied the brakes frequently. They took a look at it and said that it is the "brake modulation solenoid".

I am getting it replaced soon, they had to order parts.

paul.r 11-24-2010 08:34 AM

The noise will most likely be the ABS system recharging itself,lots of cars do it,my mercedes e-class did it plenty and made a lot more noise than the ima.:)

oth 09-01-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by kindatadpole (Post 228991)
I took my Civic Hybrid to the dealer today. It was making a strange buzzing noise when I applied the brakes frequently. They took a look at it and said that it is the "brake modulation solenoid".

I am getting it replaced soon, they had to order parts.

I just got a 2010 Civic Hybrid a couple days ago and I have noticed an electric noise too which also seems to occur more often when. It may just be my imagination, but it seems that it stops charging when the noise occurs. Did the dealer say that the "brake modulation solenoid" was affecting the battery charging?

kindatadpole 09-01-2011 09:33 AM

OK, got parts replaced, still makes the noise. Test drove a 2011, it also has the noise. It turns out, its just a pump turning on to recharge the brakes pneumatics (air) systems. I just ignore it now.

My car charges fine.