Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   Who sells a good extended warranty? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/who-sells-good-extended-warranty-8207/)

bigbearballs 06-26-2006 02:26 PM

Who sells a good extended warranty?

That will cover my transmission that's about to go out. It's an 03 with 38k on it.

bigbearballs 06-28-2006 03:46 PM

Re: Who sells a good extended warranty?

No help, :(

gumby 06-28-2006 09:03 PM

Suggestion - Find out who the used-car dealers use for extended warranties. You might find some answers. Good luck. I suspect they'll put some disclaimer on it for the first x miles or y months unless it passes their inspection, though. Otherwise, plenty of people would take advantage. Then the costs would go so sky-high that no one with a healthy car would THINK of buying one.

cbxtc6 06-29-2006 07:07 AM

Gee whiz, what the heck are you doing to that poor tranny, if it's already going out at such low mileage? Drag racing??
; )

bigbearballs 06-29-2006 07:02 PM

Thanks for the help. Could it be my fuel injectors? My rpm's aren't going crazy when I get the bucking. It's like the car is studdering during slow acceleration. I'm really hoping it's not the tranny.

gumby 06-30-2006 10:17 PM

That could even be an ignition type of problem. Make sure your plug wires are tight on the spark plug ends, and the coil ends too. Could be a bad plug. Just guessing. I'd try a few simple things. Fule-injector cleaner, etc. If it didn't get better, I'd let a mechanic take a look.

bigbearballs 07-01-2006 08:21 AM

That's exactly what my friend said, I'll give that a try and report back.

GeneValgene 11-29-2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by bigbearballs (Post 71559)
That's exactly what my friend said, I'll give that a try and report back.

any results? my car is experiencing similar symptons :(

bigbearballs 11-29-2006 02:30 PM

EGR valve for sure. They replaced it and the bucking is gone. On the edmunds.com forums, some guy had taken his out, cleaned it, put it back in, and that did the trick too. I think honda charged me $200+ for something that is clearly wrong with many of their hybrids. Oh well, you live and learn.

desmarie1016 01-25-2007 04:41 PM

www.warrantydirect.com seems to have good warranties