Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   Sloshing sound behind the dash? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/sloshing-sound-behind-dash-11293/)

brick 12-04-2006 04:55 AM

Sloshing sound behind the dash?

I test drove a nearly perfect '05 HCH-I yesterday. Nearly because I noticed a peculiar noise behind the dash that sounded like coolant sloshing around in the heater core. Or maybe the evaporator, but the A/C was off. Is that normal? Because I have never had a car do that. The sales guy was trying to pass it off on lawn trucks so I told him I knew the right place to ask ;) .

Hot_Georgia_2004 12-04-2006 10:41 AM

Re: Sloshing sound behind the dash?

No, it's not normal but is the first time I've heard of that one in an HCH.

IMAhybrid 12-04-2006 02:52 PM

I've never heard my car sloshing.

brick 12-05-2006 08:56 AM

Oh well. I'm not planning to puruse that car so I'll let it go. (If anybody else is interested in taking a crack at it despite the odd sound, feel free to PM me for the info. I found in southeastern MA.)

privatejoker 02-08-2007 04:22 PM

Mine does it. It really sounds like coolant sloshing in the heater core.

zimbop 02-09-2007 06:14 AM

Mine does it too. I first noticed it after a car wash once, and thought I had gotten some water in somewhere, but I've heard it other times too so I think its normal.

limeonaire 03-08-2008 11:51 AM

Just a data point: I definitely have this on my '05 HCH CVT. I, too, thought it was just water sloshing, and I still don't really have the technical knowledge to say what it is, but I definitely have it from time to time. Freaked me out the first time I heard it.