Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/tahoe-yukon-hybrid-problems-brake-loss-service-traction-control-service-stabilitrak-21103/)

Michael1 07-12-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Keep in mind that the stopping distances with the parking brake only are very long. You can also get rear wheel lockup if you apply it too heavily.

Michael

Guss 07-12-2009 11:08 PM

Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Thanks Michae

add 08-19-2009 01:06 PM

same problem with my 09 tahoe. reduced engine power plus an assortment of other checks... service hybrid, check brakes, check power steering, check 4-wheel drive. left me sitting in the middle of the desert 102 degrees. it would not start. towed it to a dealer and left it for 2 days. they came back to me and said their was a "service bulletin" on the wiring harness under the hood. the wires had rubbed through causing a short. go figure with 8k miles. hope they got it right???

Guss 08-20-2009 05:29 AM

add,

Do you have the manufacturing date of your vehicle ?

add 08-20-2009 12:56 PM

11/08

Guss 08-21-2009 12:57 AM

Thanks add,
just wondering when did they fix that issue in their new prodcution.

bjlaw1942 09-04-2009 09:12 AM

Have been reading postings, and would like to know if anyone has crashed due to brake failure. I was just pulling into a parking place at the County Courthouse in Gillette WY yesterday and crashed into a block wall. I had braked to drive in to the space and the pedal went all the way to the floor. Imagine my shock!!!

Jake2022 09-04-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by bjlaw1942 (Post 210349)
Have been reading postings, and would like to know if anyone has crashed due to brake failure. I was just pulling into a parking place at the County Courthouse in Gillette WY yesterday and crashed into a block wall. I had braked to drive in to the space and the pedal went all the way to the floor. Imagine my shock!!!

Is there a link to a news story? I see that a black Benman arrow was found in a lawn chair on Cascade Drive on September 3rd. Crashing into the County Courthouse must be newsworthy in your neck of the woods.

bjlaw1942 09-04-2009 02:57 PM

Jake 2022, are you a jerk or something? I could have killed someone. The
Tahoe jumped a curb and hit the block wall. I don't know what a benman arrow is, but I know I don't appreciate your effort at humor if that's what you attempted. The accident was shocking and very freightening, and could have been very tragic.

Jake2022 09-04-2009 04:17 PM

Again, I ask you... please provide a reference to your accident.

Here is a link to the Gillette News-Record... in Gillette, Wyoming. In it you will see the story about the arrow. (and a 2 and 5 year old who started the ignition in their mother's car) Surely there must be a mention of someone ramming their car into the courthouse.

http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/

My apologies if I'm questioning a first time poster that is making claims that cannot be verified. I guess I'm a jerk for not believing any and everything that is written on the internet.