Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Sputtering!!! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/sputtering-25089/)

king_benny55 09-23-2010 05:34 PM

Sputtering!!!

Hello

i own a 2008 tohoe hybrid. today while my wife was driving the truck lost power. it would not excellerate above 20-30mph. the check engine light went on, and a message scrolled across the dash saying reduced engine power , or something to that effect. the engine was sputtering and jumping all over the [place. the truck has 52,000 miles. and until this point i have had no issues with the engine or other drive components. Does anyone know what is wrong with my truck? all replies are greatly appreciated

ben

jet1 09-24-2010 03:46 PM

sounds to me like you were in limp mode

but its hard to tell. the dealer can pull codes from your computer, thats why we have a 5yr/100,000 mi warranty

king_benny55 09-24-2010 03:53 PM

Re: Sputtering!!!

My friend checked the codes for me before I went to the dealership. The codes were saying there was a problem with the PCM. The dealership told me depending on what exactly is wrong will determine whether it is covered under the warranty or not.

fjungman 09-25-2010 05:01 PM

The PCM should be covered, but the dealer would never, ever tell you over the phone you are covered under warranty, unless the car was really new.

kklein 10-02-2010 05:58 AM

It sound like you are still under warranty, why not just have a good dealer look into:shade: it???

LakeSilverado 02-01-2011 10:29 AM

If Ben is still reading the forum -

When your wife experienced this issue - what was the weather like? Lots of snow or rain at the time - or had the weather been clear?

Dentist 02-01-2011 11:25 PM

Same thing happened to me last year:(. I took it to the dealer, they fixed. I can not remember the fix, but was something very easy. Never happened again:D

LakeSilverado 02-09-2011 12:27 PM

My issue turned out to be a cut wiring harness that was shorting on the frame. Driving through a big snowstorm exacerbated the issue.