Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/post-if-you-have-100k-miles-your-gm-hybrid-what-issues-you-had-get-there-28049/)

lt1gmc 12-26-2014 06:11 PM

Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

Originally Posted by jprevost (Post 254925)
The Navi wasn't replaced under warranty. I rarely use it now so I keep the disk in the sun visor CD wallet = no sound.
I use synthetic but am not brand loyal. Changed at the 10% oil life recommendation.
From what I've read online about the dual displacement modes of other V8's, there is a problem with oil consumption. I think it is the Impala's and G8's that have a recall to put in a splash shield or something in the oil pan.... I'm guessing our engines have the same problem but low count and we get ignored. I've already had my consumption test done before the warranty was up but it didn't consume enough to warrant a problem.... this is because I did city and hill driving. The instant I get on the highway for a longer trip I'll consume a quart in 1000 miles. It's pathetic that they don't recall these things. I'll deal with it.

Jon

You could have a problem with the PVC system, or some kind of intake leak on the oil side of the manifold. Oil burners due to rings generally are bad in town as well as on the highway.

mpiasta 01-03-2015 07:11 AM

Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

I've had the car since 2012, almost 3 years, bought at 40,000 miles. Up to 106k mi, this my list since the purchase at 42k mi:

Hybrid module (warranty)
Front suspension, now suspension says to service, probably the back now
Front/back right wheel barrings
Navigation DVD error same as above poster, long time to read dvd, then just stopped reading, followed by noises, took dvd out

Just had service hybrid system light up, hence my visit, mileage has dropped from 19.5 to 16mpg, any service that should be done on these vehicles around the 100k mark?

Going to dealer for diagnostics

GT3RR 01-03-2015 08:00 AM

When the dealer finally got to my HyHoe all it needed was a computer reset. From my above posts, you could see that it was a "Service Hybrid" module code. $70 for the 25mi tow and $142 for the computer and this thing is running perfectly. 122k miles, no other problems except front diff at about 80k.
Tech at dealer (Fairway Chevy in Hazelton, PA) says it may have tripped when the 12v battery ran low and was replaced. Very happy with this truck, glad to have it back and dealer couldn't have been better.

hybrid-theory 01-12-2015 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by evois (Post 254926)
I have 190k miles right now and don't have any oil issue. Can it be an oil pan leak? There is a TSB for that and a dealer replaced the gasket early when it only had 88k miles only. I don't use any oil even if the interval looks like 10k miles with 30% life left. Try to see whether it is an oil pan issue?

I had my Oil Pan gasket replaced somewhere around 100K miles, it never really leaked but it was weeping nearly all the way around and making a mess under the Tahoe. Since I occasionally park the Tahoe above another vehicle, I cannot have it leaking anything. I wish I knew there was a TSB, I would have asked for some contribution.

Nashoba 01-19-2015 02:39 PM

Hi, new to this forum. Live in Southern Oklahoma. Really do like out 2008 Tahoe Hybrid but it is getting a little long in the tooth. Wife still has confidence in is, as do I.

Found my way here from TahoeYukonForum. They said this forum is purely hybrid instead of all Tahoes and Yukons and Slades. We have 96600 on our 2008 Tahoe that we bought new. Issues: 80966 miles - new water pump and new accessory battery and oil change -$811.19; 88976 miles - new oil pressure sensor, new VLOM assembly which is under the intake manifold - $1013.41; 89016 miles - new actuator to direct AC to back vents, 4 new actuators for all four doors, new spark plugs and valve cover - $1,268.09. No problems at all before 80966 miles. Hybrid component warranty expires at 100868 miles or 11/26/2016. Had only two recalls and they were early on and both for CPU transmission re-flash. The issue at 88976 was supposedly because we did not change the oil often enough although we followed the manual instructions. Now we change at 3500 if I can get the wife to let the tires cool off. Probably 85% highway miles. Probably need to keep it as we have spent a bunch on repairs but am thinking of trading it off before the warranty is gone.

evois 01-19-2015 03:09 PM

What oil do you use? Synthetic? It is recommended for these vehicles. Have them do a once over before warranty expires. If you have extended warranty, have it put in a lift and check the control arms, bushings and ball joints which are covered.

Nashoba 01-19-2015 03:22 PM

Both our Chevys use synthetic oil. I was quite surprised when my wife said the check engine light came on and then the reduced power light and she pulled over. We are almost religious about oil changes and try to follow the operators manual. Should have used my own common sense and changed it at 3500 to 5000 like I normally do. It is time for an oil and filter change so I will have them give it a good check out. I tell them to do it every time it is in there and they say they have each time. My normal extended warranty ran out at 75000 so no front end repair will be covered. Thanks for the advice.

evois 01-19-2015 03:43 PM

What kind of synthetic brand?

Nashoba 01-19-2015 03:54 PM

Mobile One or the GM Synthetic brand. I have seen the local dealer use both. What do you use?

evois 01-19-2015 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nashoba (Post 255422)
Mobile One or the GM Synthetic brand. I have seen the local dealer use both. What do you use?

GM brand synthetic is usually a synthetic blend. I only used mobil 1 5w/30 extended performance since break-in.