Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   electric runs rough (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/electric-runs-rough-27849/)

cwracer 06-12-2012 04:26 PM

electric runs rough

Complaint 1

I have an '08 Tahoe with the latest dealer updates. Once every week or two, after a cold start, I put it in gear and it doesn't move. I give it more gas and it surges forward and jerks rough until it smooths out a couple of seconds later. It usually won't reoccur for a couple of weeks. Since this occurs in both forward and reverse, it must be related to the electric motor, there is not reverse gear. Anyone else have similar complaints?

Complaint 2

When driving at any speed, the electric motor will make a loud whine. The whine pitch is speed dependent and will continue until I come to a stop. It then will not reoccur for a couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately neither problem happens predictably, so reproducing it for the dealer has not happened yet.

Ed Blown Vert 06-12-2012 06:22 PM

Re: electric runs rough

I have had the exact problem after a cold start.
Just took it in for fluid service and asked about that issue. The dealer never heard of it.
They scanned for codes and found nothing. I told them I hope that isn't the beginning of a larger problem.

I normally just restart the engine and the problem goes away.

MD80 07-07-2012 12:15 PM

Just wanted to post because this exact thing has happened to me a couple of times the last few weeks. It is always after I first start it. Surges and jerks a little bit and I let off the gas too try and smooth it out. Only has lasted a couple of seconds so far.

raydoc 08-24-2012 06:50 PM

I have had this happen since I got the thing. The dealer pleads ignorance and no codes are thrown. I cannot figure it out but it goes away.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 08-24-2012 09:46 PM

MD80 and raydoc, 2008 as well like above?

jet1 08-25-2012 05:09 PM

I have had a similar experience with my 08 yukon. On mine it almost feels like a slipping transmission engine revs but no movement or lurching movement. It has only happened a few times but it sounds like I may need to pay closer attention....hummmm :omg:

Hillbilly_Hybrid 08-25-2012 07:55 PM

Like the pedal is dead?

evois 08-25-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid (Post 244199)
Like the pedal is dead?

yes,only when cold and you are trying to hurry up. just had my transmission fluid drained and filled for maintenance. checked fluid level, it is okay.