Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Direct contact with a mose at 90km (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/direct-contact-mose-90km-24436/)

kklein 05-17-2010 03:58 AM

Direct contact with a mose at 90km

Well I Have now 39,000KM on my Tahoe Hybrid and what a great vehicle. I do a lot of driving in the wild Canadian North and Friday Night at 8PM while traveling at 90KM on a remote Hwy17 I hit a Mose took him right dead center in the front end. My son was also on board, Thank God for On-Star we were not hurt and Hats Off to the GM Engineers Structualy the truck has cosmetic damage Front windshield , Hood, front grill, bend rad, bent airbox, crushed right fender. And thanks to On-Star they checked in on us until the OPP arrived wko had to shoot the Mose two shoots.

robmck 05-17-2010 05:23 AM

Re: Direct contact with a mose at 90km

Ken I am so pleased to know you and your son were not hurt in the accident.

I have heard of easier ways of getting a Moose steak :)

All the best

Rob

evois 05-17-2010 06:44 AM

glad you and your son were okay.

fjungman 05-17-2010 10:00 AM

Ken, glad you don't drive a Prius! Hope all works out well getting her fixed up. Sorry it didn't work out for the moose...

jet1 05-17-2010 11:06 AM

poor moose....

glad you survived! I ALMOST hit one just outside west yellowstone....at night...I was in an old fiat abarth double bubble....all I saw was his knees and he would have squashed that thing flatter than a pancake.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 05-17-2010 11:34 AM

Does the vehicle still start? The dealer may have to re-set a crash related high voltage safety in the hybrid processor. The hybrid has an extra crash sensor and moose are big enough to trigger it.

With right fender damage have them check for any chaffing on all those orange cables. They may have been wacked around pretty good.

Canuck 05-18-2010 07:41 PM

Ken, I'm glad to hear you and your son were not hurt. Sorry about the moose but better him than you.

kklein 05-19-2010 04:33 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments. The vehicle did start and is at Butler Chev in Pembroke Ontario, they said about two weeks. I just want it fixed right timing is not everything. The main thing is my son and I are okay, bent metal can always be fixed. I let you know what happens, we all miss the Hybrid.

slk2k 05-19-2010 08:04 PM

I too am glad you are OK. Any pictures of the damage of what a Tahoe/moose meeting looks like?

evois 06-06-2010 12:03 AM

any updates? are you okay?