2013 Sierra Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2013 Sierra Hybrid

The electric engine spun the gas engine but the gas engine did not fire up. Sounded like it just forced it to turn for about 10 maybe 20 seconds. Tried 3 times. didn’t To recharge right now because though I ordered a tool that can do tech2/MDI (vcx nano) to do pass through charging I don’t have it yet. So I didn’t want to kill the battery and have to physically charge it again. I cleaned the throttle body today and noticed a broke vacuum line (?) I’ll put a picture. It did have a cam sensor code but I replace the sensor, from what I can tell it should recalibrate that on its own once running and it shouldn’t stop it from running just will be rough.

Old 09-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

That broken hose is

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Hose – Fresh Air

Old 09-03-2024, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast

Verified fuel at the rails. Was able to see fuel come out of the hose at the rail (into a pickle jar). Fuel smelled and looked normal.

I’ll check for spark next. I ordered a couple in line testers (following the crank no start diagnostic from all data).

Last edited by Pestis2013; 09-03-2024 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:52 PM
???
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

yeah, that pvc hose shouldn't keep it front starting.

can you confirm it's getting spark? maybe pull a plug and see if they arw wet from fuel to make sure the injectors are opening?

Old 09-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

I ordered two inline spark testers (was called out on all data to test with). Plan to hook them up on the left and right of the engine and see it they light up. I’ll make sure to pull the spark plugs and check to see what they look like too 😎 didn’t even think of that. To tell the truth I was kinda expecting to have no fuel and having to pull off (or do the lift one side up trick) the bed to check at the pump

Old 09-08-2024, 03:35 PM
Enthusiast

Pulled spark plugs there was fouling not really terrible but some, mainly carbon one had a lot of oil on it, cleaned them. Also 3 of the 8 plugs was loose not fully seated. After that it started up ran very horribly sounding and rough. About 5 minutes maybe more it ran until I put it in reverse moved about 5 feet then died (left the hood open) and gave a power steering and brakes service message. I took a video but it’s 21 mb and I guess we only get 20 for attachments :/

Old 09-08-2024, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast

Should also say it does still start again though. Have about 11 codes to research though.

**for anyone attempting jump start assist, hitting power off in tech2win (computer version with pass through) makes it fail instead hit exit twice to get out of accessory menu then turn off the vehicle. Or at least that’s how it works for me

Old 09-08-2024, 05:29 PM
???

if you have freese frame data, check to see if one doesn't show a cell voltage over 20.8 volts I believe it is. I think that happens a lot when the pack is weak. if any cell is over 20.8v for. 4 sec it opens a contactor in the battery and you get all kinds of codes. especially the power steering one.

Old 09-08-2024, 08:16 PM
???

as for the running badly, these Gen 4 ls engines have afm which gets stuck and won't open the valves on those cylinders. did you have a ticking sound while it was running?

could also be coil packs. they tend to go had too.

I'm not really sure how you'd compression test these since they spin over fast, but if you can figure it out, maybe a crank command in the scanner fictions. it tell you something useful.

glad you're making progress thou. running badly should just be a standard ls engine thing sounds like your hybrid system, besides some weak cells is working.

Old 09-09-2024, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast

Sounded like it was struggling (no miss fire codes but it is giving me a cam position sensor code again P0340, I replace a bad sensor already which initially had made it drop that code) and had a tick that sounds just like when my wife’s 2004 Yukon xl Denali is due for an oil change but louder. I did check the oil it looks old but not completely neglected and it isn’t low if anything might be a little over ful like a half quart maybe more going by the dip stick

Quick Reply: 2013 Sierra Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands