Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   2010 Yukon malfunction in hybrid charging system - front electronic shocks inoperable (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/2010-yukon-malfunction-hybrid-charging-system-front-electronic-shocks-inoperable-31395/)

Boo32 11-16-2017 01:02 PM

2010 Yukon malfunction in hybrid charging system - front electronic shocks inoperable

First post from a new member. I took my 2010 Yukon Denali Hybrid in for a suspension check. The non-dealer repair shop said the back air ride was working fine, but the front electronic suspension came back with this message - found malfunction in Hybrid charging system that may be causing inoperative front electronic shocks. I have an appointment on Tuesday with the dealer. Anyone else have this experience or advice? Thanks

S Keith 11-16-2017 05:46 PM

Re: 2010 Yukon malfunction in hybrid charging system - front electronic shocks inoper

Get the error codes.

Boo32 11-16-2017 08:25 PM

Re: 2010 Yukon malfunction in hybrid charging system - front electronic shocks inoper

I should have mentioned that there are no error codes showing.

S Keith 11-16-2017 08:31 PM

Then where did the message come from?

Boo32 11-17-2017 05:22 AM

Sorry I meant the vehicle is not reporting it but the repair shop got that message when attempting to test the front shocks - they didn’t give me the codes they got

S Keith 11-17-2017 05:36 AM

Sounds like hoooey to me, but I know nothing about the system.

I suspect you're chasing a ghost.

tiktok4321 11-17-2017 07:38 AM

I can't find anything that shows that the front suspension or shocks have any electrical component to them.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 11-20-2017 08:21 AM

This must be a Denali? My Auto-Ride Suburban has totally shot front shocks. ~$350 each. No codes. bounces

bacon612 12-01-2017 06:24 AM

I've been reading about the various types of suspension packages in GMT900 trucks lately and it seems that your need at TECHII scanner to get any suspension related codes. Normal ODB2 readers will not produce them. That said, anyone looking to go back to an old school system removing all sensors and the airbags, you get get a kit here. http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/p...on-Kit-GM-SUVs. I was told that arnott are about the same quality as a bilstein shock.