Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   2009 Tahoe Hybrid - Service battery charging system & Service power steering (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/2009-tahoe-hybrid-service-battery-charging-system-service-power-steering-30649/)

scott30211 01-12-2016 09:01 AM

2009 Tahoe Hybrid - Service battery charging system & Service power steering

I have a 09 Tahoe Hybrid and after 2 days of sitting in somewhat cold weather (low 20s) my wife drove our daughter to school (about 1 mile away) with no problems. Later that day she started up the Tahoe and the steering wheel was really hard to move. The DIC displayed “service battery charging system” & “service power steering” and the charging system lamp was on (red battery on the dash). It starts up and runs, but really hard to steer. I checked the belt and it looks fine. After searching online the only thing that sounds like this is this post with NHTSA #10057008. Has anyone had this problem and know of a fix?

evois 01-12-2016 01:10 PM

Never had any problem with steering.

scott30211 01-12-2016 03:16 PM

Re: 2009 Tahoe Hybrid - Service battery charging system & Service power steering

Problem fixed...All that was needed was to take the battery cables off for about 1 minute and then back on...that fixed everything! I guess the electrical system just needed to be rebooted like you do with a computer.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 01-16-2016 08:39 PM

Re: 2009 Tahoe Hybrid - Service battery charging system & Service power steering

Originally Posted by scott30211 (Post 258825)
I have a 09 Tahoe Hybrid and after 2 days of sitting in somewhat cold weather (low 20s) my wife drove our daughter to school (about 1 mile away) with no problems. Later that day she started up the Tahoe and the steering wheel was really hard to move. The DIC displayed “service battery charging system” & “service power steering” and the charging system lamp was on (red battery on the dash). It starts up and runs, but really hard to steer. I checked the belt and it looks fine. After searching online the only thing that sounds like this is this post with NHTSA #10057008. Has anyone had this problem and know of a fix?

There is a known issue with the APM. There should be a bulletin on this.