Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   2008 HyHoe transmission woes (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/2008-hyhoe-transmission-woes-31655/)

raydoc 08-15-2018 08:35 PM

2008 HyHoe transmission woes

My Hyhoe is having transmission issues that are causing a problem. On a recent long trip it made horrible noises and I could not maintain speed. When we got where we were going the Chevy dealer added what I think were 3 quarts of fluid. My mechanic thinks the torque converter locked up and overheated the tranny. Anyway, no codes. The noise was the output thrust bearing but it still makes bad noises, feels like it is not operating properly. Gas mileage is poor. All of this with NO CODES? I don't know who to bring it to. Do I trust a local Chevy dealer when there are no codes?

hybrid-theory 08-15-2018 11:28 PM

Re: 2008 HyHoe transmission woes

Originally Posted by raydoc (Post 266182)
My Hyhoe is having transmission issues that are causing a problem. On a recent long trip it made horrible noises and I could not maintain speed. When we got where we were going the Chevy dealer added what I think were 3 quarts of fluid. My mechanic thinks the torque converter locked up and overheated the tranny. Anyway, no codes. The noise was the output thrust bearing but it still makes bad noises, feels like it is not operating properly. Gas mileage is poor. All of this with NO CODES? I don't know who to bring it to. Do I trust a local Chevy dealer when there are no codes?

The 2ML70 Transmission does not have a Torque Converter. It has a dampener assembly to transfer power from the engine flywheel to the transmission.

This is an extremely complex transmission that is unlike any other.

What you describe could be anything from a weak traction battery, to a bad module....or the transmission could actually be failing. Mine failed completely at 155K miles. I had to purchase a rebuilt one from GM/dealer for $5900....there were no alternatives, I had to wait like 30 days for it to come in, it did come with a 3 year 100K mile warranty.

Hopefully you live near a dealer with a mechanic that is familiar with these and can properly diagnose.

dnt1010 12-08-2018 04:13 PM

If I ever have any 2ML70 problems I am hoping that local transmission guy can do a rebuild. It may be wishful thinking but it is just a transmission and not some unknown alien technology from area 51.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 12-10-2018 01:32 PM

He will be one unique service guy if he can

S Keith 12-10-2018 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by dnt1010 (Post 266868)
If I ever have any 2ML70 problems I am hoping that local transmission guy can do a rebuild. It may be wishful thinking but it is just a transmission and not some unknown alien technology from area 51.

You should look into it before making statements like this.

dnt1010 12-11-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 266890)
You should look into it before making statements like this.

Holy Moly I checked and it WAS reverse engineered from Alien technology. Who would have thunk it?
One popular claim among Lazar's believers is that much of our current technology is the result of using reverse engineering on alien spacecraft. Everything from the GMs Two Mode 2ML70 transmission to superconductors falls into this category. They argue that people on their own couldn't possibly have developed these technologies so rapidly without an alien model. i bet the 2ML70 is top secret military code for this technology we just need to decode it. Hmmm lets see 2ML70 what could that be maybe 2MiniatureLittle70 eyed aliens?