Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

what are gas prices at for you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: what are gas prices at for you?

It's down to $2.09 in Savannah, I hope it doesn't go back up before Thursday (I'm making a trip home). It's too bad I won't need gas untill I'm well in to Florida (I don't like filling up if I don't need to).

Old 02-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=krousdb]It snowed yesterday. Darned Bush Oil Billionaires!!!
<snip>
QUOTE]

it was in the low 70s here today...
Darned Bush Oil Billionaires!!!
cold front coming through tomorrow.. temps expected to drop in to the 30s and 40s...
early next week we may get rain, snow and sleet...
Spring is predicted to arrive in late March...
and summer will probably be hot, arriving only three months later....

Old 02-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Psychotaz
Talking Re: what are gas prices at for you?

Price here in Denver is $2.10.

Have only had 6 tanks since Dec 31st. Much better than my 97 Saturn that would be twice that. But hey that's why I traded it for the 04 HCH.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Last week in KC I filled up for $1.97 (might have gotten down to 1.89 on the Missouri side of state line, but I don't know). This weekend it's around $2.05-$2.12.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:02 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by enp83
Last week in KC I filled up for $1.97 (might have gotten down to 1.89 on the Missouri side of state line, but I don't know). This weekend it's around $2.05-$2.12.
Just filled up today at supermarket discount station for 2.16. Are you guys getting some percentage of ethanol mix that lowers the cost or are the taxes lower there???

Old 02-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
Just filled up today at supermarket discount station for 2.16. Are you guys getting some percentage of ethanol mix that lowers the cost or are the taxes lower there???
I don't know what the gasoline tax is in Kansas or Missouri, but I live about 5 miles from the KS/MO border and gas is always a few cents cheaper on the Missouri side because Missouri's gasoline tax is less than KS's. It seems like it usually ranges around 5-10 cents per gallon difference.

That $1.97 I only saw a couple of places and only for a day, maybe 2 it seems. $1.99 was around at several places for a few days but seems to be gone now.

http://www.kcgasprices.com/index.asp...A&tme_limit=12

That website is great for finding what station has what price, it's tied in with a national website called gasbuddy.com.

I have no info on the ethonal question. No info on any small kind of ethonal blend or E10 winter forumulas or anything. I do know there seems to be only one E85 pump in all of southern Kansas City and it's always priced higher than premium gasoline (minus Katrina/Rita, and possibly May-July I don't know).

Last edited by enp83; 02-19-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: what are gas prices at for you?

Still mid to high $2.43+ range for regular here in upstate NY. There was an article in the weekends paper about our area being 30 cents higher than the national average. NY has one of the highest gas taxes and like CA have imposed air quality rules on the type of gas blend that can be sold in NY. All that adds up to is higher prices from a state no one would expect less from...

I wait for the day I can move from this stupid state.....

Old 02-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob259
Still mid to high $2.43+ range for regular here in upstate NY. There was an article in the weekends paper about our area being 30 cents higher than the national average. NY has one of the highest gas taxes and like CA have imposed air quality rules on the type of gas blend that can be sold in NY. All that adds up to is higher prices from a state no one would expect less from...

I wait for the day I can move from this stupid state.....
my wife tanked up a few days ago here in Raleigh, NC, at $2.19... about three or four cents less than what looked "normal" as we drove to dinner last night.

tons of people from NY are moving here to NC [milder winters, purple-state (on average... some red some blue), cosmopolitan in the cities, very rural just outside...] but last fall we were also one of the top 2 or 3 for gas prices in the nation. my house here is about twice the size of the one i left in CA, but it also costs twice as much to heat in the peak-winter months... about $300 a month just for gas, and another $100 for electric, the past few months.

Falk's First Law: "The Whole World is a Tradeoff."

but we do like it here..

Old 02-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

we saw 2.21 at several BP stations between Raleigh and Durham today....

Old 02-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Automania Enthusiast

We have dropped from $2.45+ last week to the $2.39-$2.41 range today.

Quick Reply: what are gas prices at for you?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands