Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Likely not a Ford layoff issue. More a Ford management issue. For example, does Ford really need 2 versions of a weak selling Expedition?

Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hansel Ford in Petaluma, California has 6 of 'em on the lot.

What color did you want?

Mark Mooney (not related to the dealership)

http://www.hanselford.com

Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anything but blue...completely loaded with either FWD or AWD.

Problem is how do they get it to me. How can a dealership have 6 when others say they cant get one.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know how you take delivery, but you can go to the website and view all his inventory, color, options, prices and so forth.

MM

Old 08-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Dino oil 2 expensive!

I must have gotten lucky. I walked into Bellevue Lincoln Mercury two weeks ago. They had no Mariner hybrids on the lot, but 5 dealer orders were coming in within 3 weeks. 2 were already sold, but 3 were not (White AWD, fully loaded; Black AWD base model; Silver AWD, fully loaded). I bought the silver one. Expect it to arrive next week.

I was also able to buy through CostCo at $100 under MSRP. Dealer told me that most people are paying $3k to 4k over MSRP at most dealers these days. They also told me that they have not gotten any allocation of hybrids for next quarter. He seem rather PO'd about that and complained about all the marketing hype being put out by Ford, but not being able to get enough cars to sell. Supply and Demand can be a real PIA.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Lightbulb Re: Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Originally Posted by fcolliga
I must have gotten lucky. I walked into Bellevue Lincoln Mercury two weeks ago. They had no Mariner hybrids on the lot, but 5 dealer orders were coming in within 3 weeks. 2 were already sold, but 3 were not (White AWD, fully loaded; Black AWD base model; Silver AWD, fully loaded). I bought the silver one. Expect it to arrive next week.

I was also able to buy through CostCo at $100 under MSRP. Dealer told me that most people are paying $3k to 4k over MSRP at most dealers these days. They also told me that they have not gotten any allocation of hybrids for next quarter. He seem rather PO'd about that and complained about all the marketing hype being put out by Ford, but not being able to get enough cars to sell. Supply and Demand can be a real PIA.
Hmmmm...sounds the same as in fall '04 when the original FEHs came out.

My advice is wait until this winter...the dealers will be begging you to take them away.

Nate

Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
N/A

Agreed, I was quoted full MSRP ++ when they first came out. Less than a year later they were all over the place at $2500 - $3000 below sticker. Best to wait it out, if at all possible, and/or be ready to act quickly and take advantage of an opportunity like fcolliga.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast

Agree with wait it out, Ford was really dumping the 2007s earlier this year.

If you are in slightly more of a hurry, we had good success buying our 2005 FEH from a dealer just by watching AutoTrader religiously; many dealers update toward the end of the week so it made for easy weekend callarounds. We wound up dragging our kids from NC to MD to pick it up, but it was well worth it. And the kids got to see DC.

Of course, that was when our local dealer had three 2008 FEHs on the lot, so YMMV now.

Oh, and hi. =)

Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Wow you should take a drive to Dallas, I have seen quite a few on Autotrader at the dealers. Houston also.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Man it appears Texas has all the Hybrids. I actually found one just like I ordered.

Quick Reply: Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands