Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   VietVet67 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/vietvet67-32337/)

nitramjr 06-09-2020 02:24 PM

VietVet67

Hey all,

Some of you old time members may remember me. I haven't owned an FEH in some time but I wanted to come on and let everyone know that another old timer, Phillip aka VietVet67 passed away the other night. He probably wasn't on here in a long time but he was active for a while and did some great work on his FEH.

Thru a bizarre series of coincidences, Phillip and I found out that his daughter and my cousin were best friends. Him and I met up a couple times and talked occasionally. He was a great guy and an avid hybridder.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm enjoying a 2017 RAV4 hybrid. An amazing vehicle.

Ray

econoline 06-09-2020 03:40 PM

Re: VietVet67

Hi Ray,

Thanks for coming back with the update. I certainly remember you well, and also recall VietVet67.
Good chance I may follow you and BillyK with a RAV4 hybrid.

Thanks again,

Don

gpsman1 06-10-2020 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by nitramjr (Post 270590)
Hey all,

Some of you old time members may remember me. I haven't owned an FEH in some time but I wanted to come on and let everyone know that another old timer, Phillip aka VietVet67 passed away the other night. He probably wasn't on here in a long time but he was active for a while and did some great work on his FEH.

Thru a bizarre series of coincidences, Phillip and I found out that his daughter and my cousin were best friends. Him and I met up a couple times and talked occasionally. He was a great guy and an avid hybridder.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm enjoying a 2017 RAV4 hybrid. An amazing vehicle.

Ray

This is like a class reunion.
I remember you all.
Drove our 2005 FEH 236,000 trouble free miles and it was going strong until it was rear ended. It never died. It was killed.

Replaced it with a 2019 Rav4 Hybrid that gets 43 MPG going uphill. And shockingly, over 2 miles of EV range with a pack rated the same as the FEH? Hmmmm any doubt Ford was way conservative with the BMS?

My other pride and joy is my Bolt EV.
40,000 gas free miles and 250 miles of EV mode. ;-)

Take care,
-John

gpsman1 06-10-2020 09:48 PM

What's really funny is I used to post on here FROM A COMPUTER..... I was posting here before smart phones were invented! 😲