Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Temperature Read outs (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/temperature-read-outs-8084/)

bekemeier 06-20-2006 12:25 PM

Temperature Read outs

Why is it that the NAV on my FEH '06 doesn't have any kind of outside reading of the temperature. It seems like that should be any easy thing to include next to the compass feature, no? Anybody?? Can you update the software and include it? With a sensor of course. The only other option I've seen are the cheap remote thermomoters from AutoZone or the expensive Gentex auto dimmer mirrors that read out compass and temp.

DSewhuk 06-20-2006 12:33 PM

Re: Temperature Read outs

I just installed this item I found on eBay for $109

AUTO DIMMING MIRROR COMPASS TEMPERATURE ICE ALERT UV

Looks nice, seems to work pretty well do far (3 days in from the install). It was a bit of chore to install. I mounted the UV sensor as "Frankenstein" bolts on the front license holder. The UV indicator is kinda kool and the compass allows you to display degrees. The auto-dimmer is much faster than my '96 Jeep's.

dsd 06-20-2006 08:41 PM

This brings an interesting question: Why is the autodimmer/homelink mirror not an option on the hybrid. It is on the regular escape but not the hybrid. WTF? Makes no sense to me.

Tim K 06-21-2006 07:24 AM

And why can't we get automatic headlights as well?

sirfergy 06-21-2006 09:53 AM

07 has auto headlights. :)

Tim K 06-21-2006 12:00 PM

bastards!

GeekGal 06-21-2006 12:33 PM

Is there anything you like about your Mariner, Tim? ;)

Just pokin' fun. I've griped here about stuff like no MP3 capability in the 'top tier' radio, etc. We gotta gripe sometimes!

Tim K 06-21-2006 04:41 PM

Well, its no fun to post about the 97% of the vehicle I like. I'd rather complain about the 3% of things that they left out that should be standard in a vehicle of this class.

gpsman1 06-21-2006 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by dsd
This brings an interesting question: Why is the autodimmer/homelink mirror not an option on the hybrid. It is on the regular escape but not the hybrid. WTF? Makes no sense to me.

IT IS. You CAN special order one from the "genuine accessories" catalog.

YOU CAN get autodimmer / outside temp. / compass with homelink ($399 I think ) or without homelink ( $299 I think ) but don't quote me on prices, I haven't looked in about a year.

jmorton10 06-22-2006 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
IT IS. You CAN special order one from the "genuine accessories" catalog.

YOU CAN get autodimmer / outside temp. / compass with homelink ($399 I think ) or without homelink ( $299 I think ) but don't quote me on prices, I haven't looked in about a year.

& you can save a ton by getting them off ebay.

I paid under $200 for the autodimmer / outside temp. / compass / reading light Gentek(same brand that Ford sells) off of ebay.

~John