Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   ScanGauge II problems (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/scangauge-ii-problems-9467/)

jmorton10 08-28-2006 06:25 PM

Re: ScanGauge II problems

Originally Posted by Wbruff
I have another scanguage2 on the way from Linear-Logic. Should be here Thursday. Hopefully that will be the last of that problem.;)

Did you send yours back to them???

~John

greenhybrider 08-28-2006 06:44 PM

excuse me for the stupid question, how do I know which version of scanguage do I have? I just bought a 2006 FEH, does my car come with scanguage? Or is it an add-on?

Wbruff 08-28-2006 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
Did you send yours back to them???

~John

They are shipping me a replacement and included in the box is a return label with postage paid :D So i don't have to do without at least a sometime working unit.

Wbruff 08-28-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
excuse me for the stupid question, how do I know which version of scanguage do I have? I just bought a 2006 FEH, does my car come with scanguage? Or is it an add-on?

Unfortunately the scanguage is not an option from Ford. It's an aftermarket tool available from Linear Logic. It has functionality that the sparse gauges that Ford did not include. Click on the link above for Linear Logic.

greenhybrider 08-28-2006 07:22 PM

Unfortunately the scanguage is not an option from Ford. It's an aftermarket tool available from Linear Logic.

wow, very cool device. But where does it mount on?! Does anyone here have photos of your FEH with SGII installed/mounted?

Wbruff 08-28-2006 07:42 PM

wow, very cool device. But where does it mount on?! Does anyone here have photos of your FEH with SGII installed/mounted?

Excuse the dirty interior. It's been raining and I tracked some dirt in:embarass:

Picture is HERE

greenhybrider 08-28-2006 08:05 PM

ok it seems to be a nice fit for your FEH, but I have the 110V AC plugs in that area where you have attahced the SGII.

By the way, did you have any holes drilled? How did you route/hide the wires successfully?

Wbruff 08-28-2006 08:14 PM

ok it seems to be a nice fit for your FEH, but I have the 110V AC plugs in that area where you have attahced the SGII.

By the way, did you have any holes drilled? How did you route/hide the wires successfully?

No holes at all. Velcro is holding it on. I tried many other places to mount it but had visibilty and functionality issues, plus there are very few flat surfaces to mount it to. i did not want it attached to the dashboard for fear of a smash and grab theft. The single cable is tucked under the dash and around the console to the other side. The cable is plugged into the right side of the Scanguage. There is an optional plugin in the back of the Scanguage. My 110 volt AC inverter:lightbulb plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and fits into that space below the Scanguage when I need it.

jmorton10 09-01-2006 01:48 PM

They are shipping me a replacement and included in the box is a return label with postage paid :D So i don't have to do without at least a sometime working unit.

Have you tried the new unit yet?? I have one on the way also.

~John

Wbruff 09-01-2006 02:46 PM

It came in Thursday. I did have one lock-up but just that one time. I will let you know thru the week end if it does it again. Other unit is on it's way back to Ron. I am going to wait until next week to see if there are any more lockups before calling Ron at Linear-Logic.