Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Rear-end squeak TSB gone? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/rear-end-squeak-tsb-gone-13541/)

stevewa 05-14-2007 01:10 AM

Rear-end squeak TSB gone?

I recently inquired with my dealer about getting the TSB for the rear-end squeak done, and they say no such bulletin exists. I have gone back to ALLDATA and can't find it there either.

Did I imagine that there was a TSB posted for this problem?

WaltPA 05-15-2007 04:08 AM

Re: Rear-end squeak TSB gone?

Originally Posted by stevewa (Post 124782)
I recently inquired with my dealer about getting the TSB for the rear-end squeak done, and they say no such bulletin exists.

Most the time, the dealer inputs your VIN, and only TSB's that are applicable to your vehicle, are shown. It could be that the rear end squeak TSB, isn't (at least not officially) applicable to your 2005.

Jerry&Natalie 05-15-2007 05:26 AM

Yeah TSB"S are VIN specific but the doesn't mean your vehicle is affected. Mfg's only cast a "safe" range for VIN's affected. I took my dodge dakota in for a TSB notice on the brakes and my "unit" was not affected due to a change in supplier.

glennb 05-15-2007 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason, I only have page 1 of this TSB in my files. Never had to refer to it so I didn't pursue a full copy. AllData has changed some of their on-line access processes. It's hard to find specific pages unless you have a (paid) account with them.:D

WaltPA 05-15-2007 08:55 AM

Yep, the TSB is only for 2006 and 2007 models. So, it would not show for a 2005.

Jerry&Natalie 05-15-2007 08:58 AM

i googled that TSB and came up with nada. Called my local tech(yeah, he knows me as PITA Jerry now). he found nothing in his records. so yeah, i guess the problemo doesn't really exist. You can call NTHSA and stay on hold forever for clarification, or call Ford and hear everthying we sell is "perfect". does you vehicle actually "skweek"?

stevewa 05-15-2007 11:25 PM

Yes, it does. I did not bother with it before because it had not been a problem.

Btw I do have a paid ALLDATA subscription but since it's for a 2005 I guess that's why I don't see it listed.