Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Hybrid/Nav radio on ebay (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/hybrid-nav-radio-ebay-8754/)

Tim K 07-24-2006 05:56 AM

Hybrid/Nav radio on ebay

I saw this posted on another forum and thought someone here might be interested:

eBay auction #280009854885

Starting $499
Buy now $699

Listed as "New in box, lost in transit"

scmike 07-24-2006 11:27 PM

Re: Hybrid/Nav radio on ebay

Tim,
I did a parts quick Ford parts search, and couldn't find any info.. I wonder if all Escapes
are "prewired" for a Nav unit and if hybrid info would be displayed on that one. I'm pretty
sure a GPS antenna is needed for it to receive and the missing CD's may be expensive and hard to find...
Thanks for keeping a eye open...
Mike

nitramjr 07-25-2006 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
Listed as "New in box, lost in transit"

That sounds like a nice way of saying "stolen".

I read somewhere that you can't just drop one of these units into a car that didn't come from the factory with one. I don't remember what is missing but like Mike said at the very least you would have to add the antenna. I'd be surprised if the rest of the wiring harness isn't in there though.

Green FEH 07-25-2006 10:21 AM

From what I have heard, if you didn't order the Nav system from the factory, there is a different wiring harness used that goes to the information center instead.

feinstei 07-25-2006 12:35 PM

This is NOT the Escape/Mariner Hybrid Nav system, but is the GPS/Nav system for the standard Mercury Mariner. It's a totally different beast that the hybrids are not wired for.

TeeSter 07-25-2006 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by feinstei
This is NOT the Escape/Mariner Hybrid Nav system, but is the GPS/Nav system for the standard Mercury Mariner. It's a totally different beast that the hybrids are not wired for.

The picture seems to show a Hybrid/NAV system. It has the hybrid system display and MPG buttons on the left.....

GeekGal 07-25-2006 03:52 PM

... if it appears to be too good to be true, it probably is.

TeeSter 07-25-2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
... if it appears to be too good to be true, it probably is.

I agree with that comment and the one that says "lost in transit" seems like doubletalk for (stolen off the truck).