Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Hi everyone new here and looking 4 help (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/hi-everyone-new-here-looking-4-help-33105/)

Fishguts 08-26-2022 06:43 PM

Hi everyone new here and looking 4 help

Hi all, I have a chance to get a 08 fee in pretty good condition but I know little about hybrids..I hear batteries are good for 10 years but I also read a article about a taxi company retiring all there 08 feh when they hit 300000 miles with original battery..I don't know what to think.. is there anyway of finding out if the battery was ever replaced by a previous owner? Carfax or anything like that tell you? Any knowledge is better than the none I have about hybrids..thanks for any replies!

ShadyEscape 08-27-2022 11:13 AM

Re: Hi everyone new here and looking 4 help

If it was done at ford you can see if they have a service history. Carfax might tell you what dealer sold it.

Taxi companies are bound by laws about model year. The batteries work till they kinda don't.

S Keith 08-27-2022 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fishguts (Post 275762)
I don't know what to think..

Think that if you are not okay with dropping another $5K after acquisition, it's not the car for you.

bkorbin 09-20-2022 07:04 PM

I was shown by a hybrid battery mechanic, that by lifting up the carpet in back and finding the "made in Japan" sticker with a bar code on it near the main battery fuse, will tell you the model year the battery was made/ intended for.

so in your case above the bar code, if the upper left number is an 8 it doesn't mean it's necessarily an original battery, but anything other than an 8 would indicate it's been replaced.

Don't know if anyone else can verify this