Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Gap In Front Headliner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/gap-front-headliner-6467/)

barry2557 03-21-2006 09:19 AM

Gap In Front Headliner

I have a 2005 FEH with Nav. I found that there is a gap (1/2 to 1 inch) in the headliner near the windshield (the headliner is not attached to anything, just hanging) of my FEH. I went to a Ford dealer to check out the other FEH's and found that some FEH's had the "gap" and some did not. Does anyone else have this "gap" and is it normal?

randykato 03-21-2006 10:01 AM

Re: Gap In Front Headliner

Mine has it. I noticed it pretty early on and it bugged me for about a day until I realized you can't see it from inside or out and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I've actually used it to clip on a visor clip sunglass holder. I figured it was normal.

tbaleno 03-21-2006 02:51 PM

I believe several others have seen this. Have you taken it back to the dealer to have them fix it?

barry2557 03-21-2006 03:28 PM

I haven't gone back to where I bought the car. I talked to a salesman at Cerritos Ford about the gap and he didn't know if this was normal or not. I'll have to take my FEH back to my dealer and have them check it out.

gpsman1 03-21-2006 05:42 PM

I have the Gap, but have had no problems with it after 1 year and 20k miles.

I have heard of 2 people having the headliner fall down. Don't know if it's related or not. Ford fixed at no charge for those people.

dmgibbs 03-21-2006 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by barry2557
I have a 2005 FEH with Nav. I found that there is a gap (1/2 to 1 inch) in the headliner near the windshield (the headliner is not attached to anything, just hanging) of my FEH. I went to a Ford dealer to check out the other FEH's and found that some FEH's had the "gap" and some did not. Does anyone else have this "gap" and is it normal?

Mine had one too ... I mentioned it to the service rep when I took my FEH in for scheduled maintenance and they said it should be replaced.

Now there's no significant gap (maybe less than 1/4").

david

randykato 03-21-2006 07:59 PM

Just a thought... those of you who have the gap, do you have side curtain airbags?

And those who don't have the gap... no side curtain airbags?

dbennettya 03-21-2006 09:10 PM

My 2006 FEH has a very small not really noticiable gap and I have the safety package with side airbag curtians and seat side airbags.

Don

barry2557 03-21-2006 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by randykato
Just a thought... those of you who have the gap, do you have side curtain airbags?

And those who don't have the gap... no side curtain airbags?

I have side cutain airbags.

nitramjr 03-22-2006 06:58 AM

I have the gap on the '05 and '06. The '06 has the side airbags, the '05 doesn't.