Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Engine block heater (41H) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/engine-block-heater-41h-6703/)

ltc 04-06-2006 04:01 PM

Engine block heater (41H)

My dealership added an engine block heater (have them on the Ford Excursion and my daughter's 4cyl (gas) Escape); they're just nice to have when it gets really cold.

Here are the P/N's:

4M6Z*6B018*AA WIRE ASSY
F5RZ*6A051*B HEATER ASSY
5M6Z*10B689*AA WIRE ASSY - CHARTGER HIGH VOLTAGE

Tried to add this to the order after it was submitted (option 41H), but due to how quickly the vehicle was ordered/built/delivered...less than 5 weeks.....it was too late by time the paperwork went in, as the vehicle was 'accepted for production'.

Interestingly enough, the engine block heater is not shown in the brochure or the regular Ford website, it is found on the Ford Fleet website:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...capehybrid.asp
The engine block heater is listed under Major Optional Features, Fleet only.

nightracerx 04-06-2006 06:11 PM

Re: Engine block heater (41H)

Yeah Ford is like that. Same thing for the automatic headlight.

gpsman1 04-08-2006 10:09 PM

Lewis, do you live outside the U.S.?

I wanted a block heater, but was told I COULD NOT have one ( Ford installed ) in the U.S.

????

ltc 04-09-2006 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Lewis, do you live outside the U.S.?

I wanted a block heater, but was told I COULD NOT have one ( Ford installed ) in the U.S.

????

I live in Massachusetts, vehicle was purchased in NH and installed by the service department during pre delivery inspection/prep.
The parts department knew what parts to order and it is a 'fleet' option (41H) on the link I provided.

EOppie 11-12-2006 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by ltc

Here are the P/N's:

4M6Z*6B018*AA WIRE ASSY
F5RZ*6A051*B HEATER ASSY
5M6Z*10B689*AA WIRE ASSY - CHARTGER HIGH VOLTAGE

Anyone know where to find these online? I did a quick search on google and it came up with this thread on Green Hybrid :P

Looking to try and buy it somewhere other than the dealer...

WaltPA 11-13-2006 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by EOppie
Anyone know where to find these online? I did a quick search on google and it came up with this thread on Green Hybrid :P

One place is Genuine Ford Parts and Accessories. Just remember, that an asterisk, "*", is not part of a valid Ford P/N.

Here are the results...

SHOPPING CART

Description______________MSRP____Price Your Price
WIR ASY ENG BLK HTR_____$58.35___$43.76
HEATER ASSY ENGINE B____$35.18___$26.39
CHGR ASY-HI VOLT BAT____$86.08___$64.56

Total: $134.71

EOppie 11-13-2006 05:30 AM

The last part listed....is this a charger for the HV battery? Anyone know where I could get an idea on instalation instructions?

WaltPA 11-13-2006 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by EOppie
The last part listed....is this a charger for the HV battery?

I think that might be reading a bit too much into an abbreviated part description. I do not think that there is any HV battery charger, which plugs in an outlet at home, made by Ford, for the hybrids.

Kermit 11-13-2006 09:53 AM

I live up in the frozen North country of Minnesota and I would hate to have to walk to work in -34 deg. weather because my FEH wouldnt start, lucky for me, mine came with a block heater and a HV battery warmer from the factory (a no charge option). I wish It came with a HV battery charger, that would be the first step to a plug-in hybrid, oh well, we can only hope.

EOppie 11-13-2006 11:05 AM

Hey Kermit...

Your wouldn't happen to have any pictures of any of the associated components would you :D ?