electronic stability control

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: electronic stability control

Originally Posted by highlanderhybrid
My extra 7K went for more power, and much much much more safety features.

A multifeatured trolling motor...

Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikesus
A multifeatured trolling motor...
I bought mine because I didn't want a typical Hybrid which is small, slow, and ugly so I bought a Highlander. Which is Fast (0-60 in 7.4) unlike the Ford Escape Hybrid (0-60 in over 10 seconds), and big, seats 7, and very safe. Standard Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management which includes the Vehicle Stability Control system, 4 wheel 4 channel ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distrobution and Brake Assist, and Traction control, and Side Curtain Airbags.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

But you obviously have regrets or are lost... You are posting in the Escape/Mariner section... So, stop justifying your 7k, turn your trolling motor off, and scurry back to your Highlander section...

(You see, this isn't the "I really wanted a cool hybrid like a highlander, but I bought an Escape instead" board)

Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I... so I bought a Highlander. Which is Fast (0-60 in 7.4) unlike the Ford Escape Hybrid (0-60 in over 10 seconds), ...
Can anyone else confirm this 0-60 time for the FEH? Didn't think in offical tests, it was anywhere near that slow.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I bought mine because I didn't want a typical Hybrid which is small, slow, and ugly so I bought a Highlander. Which is Fast (0-60 in 7.4) unlike the Ford Escape Hybrid (0-60 in over 10 seconds), and big, seats 7, and very safe. Standard Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management which includes the Vehicle Stability Control system, 4 wheel 4 channel ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distrobution and Brake Assist, and Traction control, and Side Curtain Airbags.
I bought my MMH because I could fit in the driver's seat (couldn't get my knees under the HiHy dash). I didn't buy a Highlander with a row of seats I didn't need and an extra 10" in length that I'd have to squeeze into my garage and an extra $7000 on the sticker. My MMH came with 4 wheel ABS and side curtain airbags. 0-60 times aren't important to most Hybrid owners since most hybrid owners are more concerned with fuel economy than racing.

For the record, the reported 0-60 times of the Escape/Tribute/Mariners are certainly NOT 10+ seconds.
8.1 secs for the 6cyl
8.9 secs for the Hybrid

Old 03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Old 03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: electronic stability control

Was it a hybrid Escape that CU tested and saw the tip-up? I would guess the location and weight of the HVBattery would significantly change the center of gravity of the vehicle and perhaps change the test results. (better? or worse?)

Old 03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yea it was the Hybrid they tested, and no the insurance institute and the government tested the FE Hybrid which recieved a tip-up for the worst

Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for a link to a review of the 2005 model. In case you haven't noticed, its 2007 and there is a new model out.

Go back to your bridge troll.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wvujeb
Thanks for a link to a review of the 2005 model. In case you haven't noticed, its 2007 and there is a new model out.

Go back to your bridge troll.
The FEH did't change between 2005 and 2007. And the 08" has not been released, but it will still be dangerous

Quick Reply: electronic stability control

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands