Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Dome light stuck on (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/dome-light-stuck-22499/)

travelover 08-26-2009 05:15 PM

Dome light stuck on

I went on vacation for 2 weeks while my 2007 FEH sat in my garage. Now the dome light stays on until the 30 minute over ride kicks it off. I read that the door switches are in the latches and some WD40 should cure it. I sprayed the heck out of all 5 latches, but to no avail. The door ajar warning is not coming on. Is this likely a relay stuck somewhere? If so, any hint as to its location?

Thanks in advance.

PS it is not the switch on the light itself - problem is not corrected by changing door/off/on switch position.

wwest 08-27-2009 10:31 AM

Re: Dome light stuck on

If the dome light had a slow fade then the power transistor is shorted.

travelover 08-27-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by wwest (Post 209945)
If the dome light had a slow fade then the power transistor is shorted.

Thanks. Since it is still under warranty, what should I ask the dealer to replace - the SJB?

stevedebi 08-27-2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by travelover (Post 209949)
Thanks. Since it is still under warranty, what should I ask the dealer to replace - the SJB?

You need to be cautious about wwest. He doesn't own an FEH of ANY model year, and tends to base his information on Toyota products (I guess - he is on my ignore list so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes them).

Anyway, don't tell your dealer anything except what you have described in your post - he will analyze the problem and fix whatever it is.

I have a 2008, so my owner's manual is possibly somewhat different from the earlier years anyway.

wwest 08-28-2009 08:03 AM

I agree, the BEST thing to tell the dealer is simply "My dome light stays on."

Mendel Leisk 08-28-2009 08:34 AM

Our 06 Civic Hybrid has a dome light that stays on for short periods after you exit the car. To be honest, we've never completely understood what it's supposed to do, and for how long. It's mostly an irritant: you wonder if the thing is ever going to go out, if you're going to be coming back to a depleted 12 volt battery.