Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Cargo divider - solid or net - for Mariner/Escape Hybrid? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/cargo-divider-solid-net-mariner-escape-hybrid-7929/)

Tim K 06-13-2006 10:55 AM

Cargo divider - solid or net - for Mariner/Escape Hybrid?

Has anyone seen or installed a cargo divider in an Escape or Mariner Hybrid (factory or aftermarket) ? I'd like to put something in my Mariner to keep luggage and the dog in the way way (back that is). We have a child in a rear facing seat in the back and I wouldn't want anything coming over the seat and landing on him. My concern is that many of the systems either attach to the cargo floor or are held in place by pressure....and with the flimsy cover and the battery beneath the floor I am concerned that they won't work with the Hybrids.

Also, all Mariners come with the Pebble interior and I am wondering if there is a cargo mat that will come close to matching the color. I know Husky makes a mat for the Escape Hybrid but I don't know about the colors.

GeekGal 06-13-2006 11:19 AM

Re: Cargo divider - solid or net - for Mariner/Escape Hybrid?

Can't help on the cargo/passenger area divider, but the Husky cargo liner is available in tan (shown in photos here) if that's close to/matches your "Pebble" interior. I have the gray Husky mats, to match the "Medium Dark Flint" interior of my Ford Escape Hybrid.

GeekGal 06-25-2006 03:03 PM

Tim,

I saw this while trolling the Escape-related eBay ads:
Dlx DOG BARRIER FORD EXPLORER/ESCAPE MERCURY MOUNTAINER
(Apologies on the all-caps; copied directly from eBay link.)

Auction closes in 1 day but just something to watch for if you're still searching.

NOTE: I'm not the seller or in any way affiliated with the seller. Just happened to notice this item while doing my regular Escape and hybrid-related searches on eBay.

LynchMob 07-09-2006 09:06 AM

I use one of the compression type ones (floor/battery to ceiling). Has two vertical poles and then three sliding ovals horizontally. Cost about $60-70cdn at most dept stores.

I was worried about the battery but as long as you don't over do it, i.e., extend it just enough to keep it up without wiggling it should be fine....mine's caused no issues. There is nothing anywhere that I can find warning about carrying too much weight, sharp objects, etc. etc. (any different from non-feh).