Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Cargo cover length (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/cargo-cover-length-7366/)

Austin Explorer 05-16-2006 03:44 PM

Cargo cover length

My FEH did not come with the cargo cover originally. It was included in the package deal as an add-on. Has anyone else dealt with a cargo cover that was not oringinally part of the FEH?

The bar on the end of the cargo cover that gets pulled into place is way too long to properly fit in the slots at the back hatch. You can force it in, but that's all I can say in its favor. When looking at FEH's on the lot we had no problems with their cargo covers at all.

Do Ford's add-on's come with a longer bar length so that they can be trimmed to fit the vehicle in case there is some variance, or is the cargo cover I have just messed up?

Robert

snax 05-16-2006 09:07 PM

Re: Cargo cover length

We've run into the same issue. It looks to me like it can just be trimmed down, although I suspect that there is a different part# available for it.

Austin Explorer 05-16-2006 09:19 PM

Good thinking. You're right, there are different parts for the FE and FEH:

Escape: 5L8Z-7845440-AAB
Escape Hybrid: 5M6Z-7845440-AAA

I suspect the battery vent on the driver's side in the rear FEH requires a different size rod and that the salesman ordered the wrong part, or just picked up one they had lying around not realizing what it was.

Robert

hdbillp 05-18-2006 06:36 AM

Yep, I would agree the battery vent means you need a shorter bar. I ordered a Huskyliner cargo cover for my 06 FEH and didn't specify Hybrid. It didn't fit quite right on the left side. I checked back with the place I bought it and there was a different one for the hybrid so I did an exchange.