Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System & Adjustable Rear Camber Arms (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/borla-cat-back-exhaust-system-adjustable-rear-camber-arms-7584/)

GatorJ 05-28-2006 05:19 AM

Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System & Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Since I purchased a 2006 FEH I will be selling my 2002 Escape XLT V-6 shortly. I am, therefore, in the process of transferring many of my mods from my 02 to the Hybrid. For those of you who are interested my Borla cat-back exhaust system transferred over with only the slightest of modifications that any competent muffler shop could do in 10 minutes. The stock Hybrid system looks identical to the stock 02 system, so we knew we were in good shape. All the bends and hangers, etc. are identical. The pipe coming out of the rear of the cat is a slightly different diameter, so an adaptor piece had to me made. The 02 bumper had a cut-out for the tip. Rather than cut my bumper, we heated the Borla's rear pipe and bent it downward slightly for clearance.

Also, I had Speciality Products adjustable rear camber arms on my 02. As you may or may not know, Ford allows for very little adjustment of the Escape's rear suspension, none for camber. This was a straight swap and now my rear camber has 8 degrees of adjustment should the need ever arise.

jmorton10 05-29-2006 04:29 PM

Re: Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System & Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

How does the Hybrid sound with the Borla exhaust????

~John

GatorJ 05-29-2006 04:35 PM

The nice thing about Borlas is they are quiet until you put your foot in it. In normal driving I can't hear the difference.

GeekGal 05-29-2006 04:38 PM

:lol:

I Googled the exhaust system and found this hilarious (Not Safe For Work) video on the Borla website:
Make a grown man cry

GatorJ 05-29-2006 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
:lol:

I Googled the exhaust system and found this hilarious (Not Safe For Work) video on the Borla website:
Make a grown man cry

I hope you didn't enjoy that TOO much. Nice find.