Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   20K Mile/2 year service (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/20k-mile-2-year-service-23928/)

trekwars2000 02-22-2010 08:59 PM

20K Mile/2 year service

So I am about to do my 2nd oil change/service on the car and was curious if I was missing anything. As a background I changed the oil, oil filter and rotated the tires at 9800 miles when the car was 10 months old.

Fast-forward another 8000 miles (or 11 months) and I am 1% from my next oil change. I plan to change the oil, oil filter and the battery A/C filter. Am I missing anything else? When do the cabin filter or any of the other filters need to be changed?

On a side note, Checker Autoparts, Pepboys and NAPA didn't have the battery air filter so the Ford stealer-ship raped me for $38 for the filter stating that it was $49 list. WTF? That is obnoxious.

Edited to add: I rotated the tires at 10K and will again at 20K. I work on an AFB and get to use the hobby shop's lift for about $3/hour so it is really quick to change the oil and rotate the tires myself (and kinda fun).

D-mac 02-23-2010 08:42 AM

Re: 20K Mile/2 year service

There is a thread on this website that has Ford Motorcraft and aftermarket part numbers for all of the filters you need. Amazon and most of the online parts warehouses like RockAuto carry the Motorcraft part# for about half of what the dealer charged you. You can save some money with reusable filters too.
The cabin A/C, battery, and engine air filters AFAIK don't have a specific change interval as their dirtyness depends on your driving environment.

MyPart 02-23-2010 11:55 AM

Re: 20K Mile/2 year service

The 2008 FEH did not come with a factory installed cabin (occupant) air filter but you can add one and there is an associated Ford part number. I don't have it right off hand but we've discussed it in other threads so you can probably find it somewhere on this site.

As best I remember it is not the same part as the cabin filter for a 05-07 FEH (rectangular). The 08 filter is shaped sorta like this:

__
|**\
|***\
|****\
|****|
|****|