Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   2007 roof rack crossbars? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/2007-roof-rack-crossbars-9000/)

rfortson 08-03-2006 07:32 AM

2007 roof rack crossbars?

Hey gang,

I'm a new 2007 FEH owner (still on my first tank of gas). I've been looking everywhere for the crossbars for my roof rack. I need them to carry my surfboard. Any idea where I can find them? None of the online places carry them. The dealer said they've ordered them, but I'm not taking chances. Is the roof rack the same as the Explorer or Expedition? Can I use those cross bars?

And, finally, why would Ford sell a roof rack without the crossbars? Not very useful IMHO. (Yes, that's a rhetorical question.)

Thanks,
Russ

WaltPA 08-03-2006 10:23 AM

Re: 2007 roof rack crossbars?

The '07 FEH now uses the same ones as the '06/'07 MMH.

I guess Ford felt not everyone used the rack. So, they could save some $$$ by not including them, and few would care.

susanna 08-03-2006 10:54 AM

I am also a new 07 owner and still on my first tank of gas. I was wondering the same thing. I need to carry a wind surfer or kayak. My 05 has the bars and wonder if they would fit the new one. How much are they if you order them?

TeeSter 08-03-2006 11:35 AM

The real answer is probably the following. Most people don't actually use their roof racks, in which case they aren't needed, therefore to cut costs delete the rails and sell them as an option.

I think its pretty cheap myself. MOST people never use their spare either.... why not delete that? sheesh.

I think its supposed to be the same rack, but no rails. I think the 2005 rails should fit.

They came with the 2005, and 2006 lines and were deleted in the 2007.

WaltPA 08-03-2006 12:03 PM

I was going by this posting ....

Re: 07 FEH

--- In "Chris Brown" <cdbrow1@.... wrote:
>
> I saw an 07 today. It was silver and had the backup alarm system
> installed. The only other exterior change I could see was a new roof
> rack that looked much more solid than the old design. It seemed more
> like the Mariner rack.
>
> Chris
>
In fact, it is the same as the Mariner rack. I just got a call from
my Ford dealer. They got the crossbars for my roof rack, and
confirmed that they are the same as the ones on the Mariner.

rfortson 08-03-2006 01:36 PM

Very good! I'll give my dealer another week to get them in, then I'll tell them to talk to the Mercury dealer and get me some crossbars.

Thanks for the info.

Russ

KermitCar 08-03-2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
I think its pretty cheap myself. MOST people never use their spare either.... why not delete that? sheesh.

Dont forget that the HAH only comes with a "flat tire repair kit." and no spare.

TeeSter 08-03-2006 02:14 PM

Ooooh a can of fix a flat can solve everything. :) Of course the FEH's with TPS it'll solve more that you bargained for, but thats another story.