Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   2006 FEH Decreased Braking regen (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/2006-feh-decreased-braking-regen-29704/)

nitramjr 07-31-2014 11:50 AM

Re: 2006 FEH Decreased Braking regen

Okay, finally got the SGII and have been playing around with it. A couple follow up questions now that I have some better information.

It was about 75°F when I went to work last night. The battery temperature started at ambient and climbed as high as 88°F without the A/C kicking on based on the A/C xgauge. The SOC ranged from 35% or so when I left and got as high as 55%. As I got closer to work (12 miles), the A/C started cycling a lot. Every time I touched the brake it seemed like it would fire up the ICE and the A/C would come on (or vice versa I suppose). There was no regen happening at these times.

There are no codes showing in the BTC xgauge.

The engine coolant temperature seems low to me. It never got above 160°F. Is this normal?

Thanks again.

GatorJ 08-01-2014 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by nitramjr (Post 253544)
Okay, finally got the SGII and have been playing around with it. A couple follow up questions now that I have some better information.

It was about 75°F when I went to work last night. The battery temperature started at ambient and climbed as high as 88°F without the A/C kicking on based on the A/C xgauge. The SOC ranged from 35% or so when I left and got as high as 55%. As I got closer to work (12 miles), the A/C started cycling a lot. Every time I touched the brake it seemed like it would fire up the ICE and the A/C would come on (or vice versa I suppose). There was no regen happening at these times.

There are no codes showing in the BTC xgauge.

The engine coolant temperature seems low to me. It never got above 160°F. Is this normal?

Thanks again.

No, that's on the low side. Failed thermostat stuck in the OPEN position?

nitramjr 08-02-2014 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by GatorJ (Post 253547)
No, that's on the low side. Failed thermostat stuck in the OPEN position?

That was my thinking as well. I thought the heat was blowing a bit cool over the winter. Probably explains the drop in mileage too.

I haven't had a chance to see what my '05 runs at. Do you happen to know what the temperature thermostat is in these cars?

Thanks again.

GatorJ 08-03-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr (Post 253557)
That was my thinking as well. I thought the heat was blowing a bit cool over the winter. Probably explains the drop in mileage too.

I haven't had a chance to see what my '05 runs at. Do you happen to know what the temperature thermostat is in these cars?

Thanks again.

Pretty sure it's 180 F.