Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Phoenix "Who Killed the Electric Car" Premier August 4th (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/phoenix-who-killed-electric-car-premier-august-4th-8701/)

Rick 07-20-2006 07:51 PM

Phoenix "Who Killed the Electric Car" Premier August 4th

Alright, everyone who showed up for our January gathering and anyone else out there. We're planning an outing for the August 4th Phoenix premier of the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car." If you haven't heard about the movie there's more info at: www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com
It's been out in various locations across the country for about a month already and is getting good reviews and has put General Motors on guard, their response is actually posted on their home web page!

The event is being planned with the local Electric Auto Association chapter. We are planning on having several electrics on display, including my electric Saturn if I get it painted and back together in time (long story, I have all the body panels off of the car right now). If anyone out there happens to have an electric and I don't know you please get in touch with me, there is charging available near the theater.

It's playing at AMC Desert Ridge 18, which is just north of the 101 and Tatum. Showtimes are not known yet, but I will post them when I know.

Rick 07-30-2006 11:36 PM

Re: Phoenix "Who Killed the Electric Car" Premier August 4th

Ok, in case anyone was planning on comming the date and location has changed. Per the films web site AMC Desert Ridge is no longer showing the film. Harkins Camelview 5 has picked up the film. It will be showing on August 11th now I'm being told.

azwildbill2 07-31-2006 07:31 PM

Rick,

Thanks for the information, we were planning on going to see it at Desert Ridge (5 minutes from our house). We will be there.

Rick 07-31-2006 08:05 PM

It's no longer going to be playing at AMC Desert Ridge. I'm not sure what happened or at what level in the theater management they decided to drop the film from their location. The local Electric Auto Association was in contact with the theaters management in reguards to planning an event around the films opening night, in which case I think we would have turned out a lot of people for them, but I guess they'll just loose out. It might actually be better that it is showing on the 11th now because I have a feeling "The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" is going to have a big opening weekend.

Hope to see you there.